Bluetooth HandsFreeLink issues?

iceagecomet

Santa Ana, California
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
anyone getting issues using their HandsFreeLink in their 2012 Civics?
I have a 12 Civic EX Coupe and have been getting complaints that there is a very obnoxious sound coming from their phone's speaker. I figured it has to be coming from the car's Bluetooth because when I switch to using my phone the noise is no longer there.

if I could post sounds I'd show you an example. Honda says they can't do anything about it until they duplicate the issue, but every time I call them using Bluetooth they don't hear the sound.
I finally recorded the sound, but the Service rep still said that they need to be able to duplicate it, not just hear it from some recording.

HELP! it has happened far too many times, and I want this fixed.

I have but just ignored it, I guess it a good time to take it in for them to check it out. It wasnt as bad as it use to since I dynomat/insulated the area around the mic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Person talking to me was always complaining before I did the insulation. If its coming from your speakers, than its a bad bluetooth connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Webs, Ill do that when I get back. Of course taking off the insulation before that :p

What kind of insulation? Obviously not dynomat type material...?

have the dealership call you while you're in the car? They should be able to hear the noise if it happens all the time

then switch to normal talking so they can hear the difference

Last edited:
What kind of insulation? Obviously not dynomat type material...?

I cut out and used hard foam they put in electronic packaging. :p

antistaticfoam3.jpg

have the dealership call you while you're in the car? They should be able to hear the noise if it happens all the time

then switch to normal talking so they can hear the difference

Now that you mentioned it, everytime to talk to my buddy from the dealership on the phone. He says he can hear me and I end up switching to phone anyways. hmmm I guess it is time for me to take it to the dealership.

I'm not sure if its the same issue, but my girlfriend always complains when I call using Bluetooth in the car. She says it sounds like I'm talking with the windows open when they aren't. She's the only person who has mentioned it though so maybe she just doesn't want to talk. ;) Is that the kind of issue you're talking about? I've never had a problem with voice activation so I think my mic is ok.

yeah, it doesn't happen all the time. it happens randomly, some calls go through without an issue and some calls I get saying the noise is there. I'm going in on Friday, so hopefully I can resolve this issue. -___-

I'm not sure if its the same issue, but my girlfriend always complains when I call using Bluetooth in the car. She says it sounds like I'm talking with the windows open when they aren't. She's the only person who has mentioned it though so maybe she just doesn't want to talk. ;) Is that the kind of issue you're talking about? I've never had a problem with voice activation so I think my mic is ok.

Well, she has mentioned that before but when she recorded it; it sounded like an electrical interference. one of those dial-up tones type thing, really loud and obnoxious.

I love how my thread to get help on my issue turned into you two discussing this sound proofing thing.

ANYWAYS, I was able to prove to Service Reps, and recorded a Speed Dial Tag!
hopefully I can get something done when I go in on Friday. :wigglesmiley: :woot:

Back