Bring More Wallet....

Ok, dumb question.....bushing limiters on the RTABs, I don't need them right? I don't think I do. This is what it says on the AKG site for the limiters "Rear Trailing Arm Bushing Movement Limiter (Shim) NOTE: For use with factory rear trailing arm bushings only. Not for use with AKG RTABs."

So that would mean I don't need them since I have the AKG RTABs. Also, what lube do I need to put on them?

BTW.....I luv the sell of fresh poly in the midnight hour :giggle:

RTAB
CIMG3796.jpg

Tranny mounts
CIMG3798.jpg

Limiter is for OEM rubber bushing to prevent movement. Your new ones are an exact fit and will not move.
I have OEM w/ vorshlag limiters.

Progress hit a snag....missing two washers, lol.

Got the spring compressor from the car parts store along with some new wipers, gloves and wheel bearing grease for the RTABs.(as per AKG rep)

metal washers? Can you reuse originals, orrrr

That would mean I would have to take apart the stock susp. I bought everything new for a fresh build. I have 9 different parts just on one side of the front susp, lol. Seems like I have a million individual parts for this project.

so is the car unable to be driven now...until you get these washers?

so is the car unable to be driven now...until you get these washers?

Above pic should explain. All new stuff so once I build the fronts I can remove the old and put in the new. Washers that are missing should be on the right part of the pic next to the dust cap washers near the spring.

wow, definitely wouldnt have patience for all that, im really happy the hfp install on the civic is pretty much plug n play

lol wow, now I get it. I thought you were mid install right now... saying you were missing 2 washers. At least this is a better scenario.

Well, I was trying to put together the front end together so when it goes on the car it makes things easier/faster then I noticed the missing washers.

it looks good man... also, time to start looking for the dremel

Gah....worked with my dad. Ended up with a horrible headache. Just got out of bed since getting in there at 2pm. Hoping to pull the stock rear stuff out of the car tonight.

Rear end is done but I could not pull of the stock RTAB. The tool kept slipping off and I ended up rounding one of the corners on the tool. Hopefully I won't have to buy the entire tool now :(. Most likely will go to the shop and have them do it. Not happy. Taking a lunch break and will tackle the front.

Back