Check it ouuuuut! :P My new crystal black pearl Si coupe!

Monk I will research more into the S/S adjustment. I have friends that are mechanics at the local honda dealership, maybe they know. I don't have any personal experience with the whistles, but I thought I would throw the link up there in case it would help. Have you almost hit large birds before????

Don't some cars have headlights that turn with the car to give an improved field of vision through the turn? I wonder....
Thx, that sounds like a good source for finding out anything about the lights. These large birds that land on the roads to pick at dead animals are very slow to get airborne,and I had to slow way down to wait on them to move, but with the whistles they're out of the way before I have to slow down.
There are some higher priced cars that have the pivoting HL.

Current mod list:
Removed dealer stickers and civic badge
Removed the front plate bracket
Hondata plate frame (It was a hand-me-down gift from a rsx buddy, it has lucky magical juju)
HIDs

How hard was it to remove the dealer sticker and civic badge? I just bought my 2013 LX last Saturday and I would love to remove them.

How hard was it to remove the dealer sticker and civic badge? I just bought my 2013 LX last Saturday and I would love to remove them.
Just heat the dealer sticker with a hairblower(just a little warm) and pick at the edge with your fingernail till you can grab it with your fingers and pull off slowly.
Civic badge is more of the same but tooth floss worked in between is the tool of choice, I've been pulling stickers and other stuff off cars since the 60's with no problems.
Doing while the car is new is the best, before there is a paint fade difference, which you have no issue.

Just heat the dealer sticker with a hairblower(just a little warm) and pick at the edge with your fingernail till you can grab it with your fingers and pull off slowly.
Civic badge is more of the same but tooth floss worked in between is the tool of choice, I've been pulling stickers and other stuff off cars since the 60's with no problems.
Doing while the car is new is the best, before there is a paint fade difference, which you have no issue.
OH, and finish off the cleaning with Goo-Gone.

What Monk said. I didn't have goo begone or access to an outlet for a heatgun or hair dryer, though. I used my fingernails and dental floss. I found if you wiggle the civic badge like a loose tooth it will help it come off. It's easier to get the adhesive off if its all on there thick, use it to get it off like you would pick up play dough.

I took some car soap and hot water and put it in a squirt bottle with some paper towels for clean up. Worked fine, and I felt more comfortable using it on my paint. Also, I think the fact that it was cold out helped minimize the sticky residue. Do it in the evening maybe?

I used some we-40 and patience on mine peeled off without any issue at all. It doesn't hurt the paint and any residue comes off the next time you wash.

I removed the dealer sticker tonight. I used a hair dryer to take it off and some Goo Gone to remove the sticky residue that was left because.

I don't have any fishing line, so I haven't messed with the Civic emblem yet.

I removed the dealer sticker tonight. I used a hair dryer to take it off and some Goo Gone to remove the sticky residue that was left because.

I don't have any fishing line, so I haven't messed with the Civic emblem yet.
Dental Floss works also.

Put my new plates on the car today. I used black felt and hot glue to make a plate frame/liner. I'm going to stick it on my dash.... I wouldn't attempt this with out the Titty Ticket Deterrent System 2000(tm) installed already. I will update you guys if it bites me in the @ss later. I really hate the idea of a front plate marring my bumper. We shall see. I'm thinking of mounting it with maybe stick tack?

Witty, since you inspired me to debadge my car, I am going to post a picture of it here too. If that is not proper, please let me know:

civic-05.jpg

DuckFOO .......... The debadge looks great...... Google car plate frames and look for something personal to you .............. find one that has some quality, some of this things are just coloured paper pasted in the name slot, fade and pile.
Here's a link for a make your own ........... Just a hint, a black frame on a black car will make the whole thing look smaller, which would be "MY" choice.
http://www.autoplates.com/_custom/laser-engraved-aluminum-license-frame/

Even better. It's me! I was doing a sexy Christmas shoot (read: lingerie and creatively applied christmas lights and garlands) and I managed to talk the photographers into doing some shots of me and the car while they finished getting the set put together. (took soooo much arm twisting)

The shots need to be edited for lighting and such, and I will post them as soon as I can get them. Unless you want to see an unedited small version sneak peak? I don't have access to the full light adjusted images yet.

Damn! Did not know it was you. :excited:
I included a candid shot of me stopping in the middle of things to try to brush road dirt off my headlights. Because I had my headlights on with them, they desperately need light adjustment. I have some great ones of me on the back bumper, but I'm too embarrassed by how dirty my car is to post them :P

NSFW photos
:excited: :woot:
Thanks.
Too bad the pictures aren't uploaded via hosting site (photobucket/imgur). I'm not a fan of forum hosted. :/

I've been debating rehashing mine but the wife is always jumping on me saying "why do you want to change such a pretty brand new car?". Ahh well maybe someday I'll get to do what I want with MY car :-p

No biggee. It is dark now and the wife unit is going to pick me up some at Walmart tomorrow.

I took off the dealer stickers today. Hair dryer and Goof Off worked like a champ. My car is one week old and it is the firs thing I have done to it! Next, LED's for the dome lights. I have to decide what color to use.

Back