Civic Manual Trans issues?

Who has Manual trans issues, who doesn't?

• YES

• NO

• Automatic to see votes

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe that's from the spongy RMM since it isn't constant. The force of the gears/synchro's meshing with the torque of the motor and different speed of the input/output shafts makes the motor flex midshift. Assumption but seems logical. Spin 3 or more objects (ex. wheels, gears, sprockets) on a shaft at different speeds and try to mesh them or press them together to get equal speed. If you were holding on to both ends of the shaft will someone did this, I'd bet you'd feel forces enough to throw your arms around some. Same concept
Yea.. You definetly have a point.. But I have solid hasport motor mounts all around.. I've done a couple of upgrades to try to get rid of this..next I'll try to bleed the clutch again since I only did it once since the new cmc. Then I'll do the CDv delete..

Do the CDV, you will notice such a difference. May not fix the issue you have but changes the clutch feel a lot.

Welp I decided to take a gamble and make a appointment for my car to go to the dealer to see what they say about my clutch feel and some other issues I have. I will update Saturday when I take it in.

Welp I decided to take a gamble and make a appointment for my car to go to the dealer to see what they say about my clutch feel and some other issues I have. I will update Saturday when I take it in.
Ok cool.. Yea i would appreciate any info you can tell me... If u can ask about why the shifting can be so notchy at times... Haha noo.. But anything you can kearn would be helpful to all of us.. Thanks.. Ill do the same

Do the CDV, you will notice such a difference. May not fix the issue you have but changes the clutch feel a lot.
Yea.. Definetly doing that.. Probably this weekend.. Ill let you know. Thanks.. The shift feel was always something i obsessed over gettin right..

Good luck!

Thanks I hope it goes decently well and that I have to go into overkill mode

So I broke 20k on the ODO a few days ago and my trans is finally to the point that I can't just ignore it. Between my diff whine and the new clutch pop that has developed I fear the longer I wait the more they might point the finger at me. Here's the video I've been meaning to post to give everyone an idea on my diff/trans whine (assuming diff)

I'll try to get a video of the clutch issue but what is baffling to me is that on a cold start it acts perfectly fine but after it warms up and more so spirited driving, 4k+ rpms, it perks up again. Let it sit for a few hours (or less I haven't tried to see how long it takes) it's back to being fine. Today I tried pumping the pedal fast and hard stopped in my driveway and it changes the feeling and the point of pedal travel it perks up. Can be halfway depressing the pedal and it does it or I can have the pedal all the way down and it pops the second I lift my foot to engage the clutch. Assuming it's the clutch fork as I went under neath and felt it as I had someone actuate it plus it wiggles so much and is loose up and down which I'm not sure how normal that is. Ill try to get a vid this weekend but figured I'd share this weird problem.

I have a 2013 Si and I just crossed 30k. I will say it felt sluggish for a bit but then I took it to the dealer for tranny flush. Now it feels like new. Now to flush the clutch fluid because it does feel at times the clutch pedal takes a little more work.

Back