Damn not another 13' TW Fb6.........

been one hell of a week

First off, we got more snow and then the day after I realized that my car got a bit louder, at first I thought it was because of the cold temp's but decided to check my intake anyways and this is what I found

filterlol
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

Thought about selling the intake at first but after talking to some friends, I decided to keep it. Put my stock intake back on and dropped it off to my buddy Alex for polish

Decided it was time for an alignment since I never got one after the spring install. Car got stuck on the rack lol..........but they used some 2x4's and had no probs.

alignment
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

Picked the intake up
before

intakebefore
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

after

intakeafter
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

Then I ended up buying a 3" spectre air filter from autozone. Was a tight fit, but it worked.

injensriwithspectrefilter
by yoitsshad, on Flickr

K&N make a ton of filters in different sizes on their website. Just measure and order a new one if it happens again. I think there are probably a few of them out there that can accommodate a velocity stack inside the filter as well.

K&N make a ton of filters in different sizes on their website. Just measure and order a new one if it happens again. I think there are probably a few of them out there that can accommodate a velocity stack inside the filter as well.

already got a new filter lol, thanks though

Turns out the Mavis I went to for alignment has inaccurate machines, steering wheel got progressively worse after alignment and even worse when I went back and told them to fix it so got my money back. Then one of my buddies was polite enough to fix it for me, steering is now straight but didn't have time to adjust rear toe.

Settings are
0 toe (right, left, total) for front
rear is currently at -.15L .20R @ a total toe of .05 so debating on fixing that later but hopefully it wont destroy tires quickly

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32zt1myvF4g

Very nice build! How much lower is your car now with the H&R springs? Are you using the stock struts? Is the alignment issue resolved?

Sometimes I look at all the pictures of all these TW Si's and it makes me kind of wish I would have went with white in stead of black. I think the black looks good, but it can be a real pain to keep not looking dirty.

Very nice build! How much lower is your car now with the H&R springs? Are you using the stock struts? Is the alignment issue resolved?
have no idea how much lower it, don't measure ride height, yes I am on the stock struts and alignment issue is somewhat resolved. I might be getting a rear camber kit and front camber bolts soon and do alignment again

I've taken a bunch of pics from this thread, but I can't believe I haven't posted in it yet :pat:

I love this car and your photos. Great work.

So....after talking to Vit (master e tuner), I've decided that I will be getting rid of my injen intake and putting back the stock one :shrug:

Oh dang this concerns me, i have the injen intake too, is it bad?
yah injen is a weak aftermarket company. they just slap a random curvy tube onto your intake with a filter and call it "Injen Technologies"

I dont think they even check to see if it makes real gains first before they start selling them

yah injen is a weak aftermarket company. they just slap a random curvy tube onto your intake with a filter and call it "Injen Technologies"

I dont think they even check to see if it makes real gains first before they start selling them
Ahhh dammmit!! it sounds goregous though! well i cant really hear it anymore cause of my exhaust but i havent tried it without the intake with the exhaust on, idk if it will be quieter or not?

Back