Does your Si burn oil?

Does your Si burn oil?

• Yes

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
^ that... I thought you were doing the consumption test? That's when you go in and they check oil levels like every 1k miles or so. Your last post makes it sound like you're having your internals replaced?

Oh man now im nervous i get out of work in 30 min and im goin to check my lvl b4 i start the car im at about 2200 miles wish me luck guys :eekdancesmiley:

Oh man now im nervous i get out of work in 30 min and im goin to check my lvl b4 i start the car im at about 2200 miles wish me luck guys :eekdancesmiley:
This is not directed to you, but to all of us. I keep a look-out on the oil level of every new car/mc I buy till it shows a safe pattern of consumption that I can rely on. Even with a warr' it's still your responsiblity.

so did your dealership do testing on your car prior to this, or you just had one visit and they changed your rings out?

As far as I know i brought it in and the tech took it for a spin and was to duplicate the oil consumption I am assuming. the parts and stuff were ordered the same day. A short block was going to be ordered but the parts were available. I was driving the vehicle while the parts were coming. Gave it to them yesterday and i JUst received my car not too long ago

Honda is replacing my rings as well. And pistons I believe. I'll try to get a list of every part. It would have gone in this week but the master tech was at a regional meeting so I have to wait until next week (9/4). I'm a little nervous... To say the least.

Also Webby if I had to guess I think Honda is doing a little "market research" so to speak. I think they want to replace rings on a few cars (maybe 50-500???) and if they stop consuming oil they may issue a recall on the rings. If the cars with new rings continue to consume oil then they can rule that theory out. Again I am just speculating (guessing: for those short on an education...)

Even if I don't own one...... I do want to see them come up with a fix....... hope the ring work........

ok guys sorry i didnt get bak to u yesterday got caught up with some stuff after work but as soon as i clocked out i popped the hood and checked the oil and the car was sitting there for alil over 4 hrs so all the oil was at the bottom ....
so yeah i checked the dip stick and the level was at the middle of both dots so i guess its ok so far but i will keep an eye on it and let u guys know if any changes accur :think:
btw miles was 2190 and i have a habbit of shifting at 3k-3500k if dat helps dont really hit vtec unless some schmuck in a focus or gti tries to over take me:rolleyes: lol

Isn't in the middle of the 2 dots a 1/2 qt low??

And your car is faste than a GTi? I haven't really attempted to race one, I always thought they were really quick.

Between the two dots is safe point where it should be .
If its lower than the bottom dot THEN its low .

Gti comes boosted but one less hp then the si but has 207 trq so it all comes down to who is the better driver

Between the two dots is safe point where it should be .
If its lower than the bottom dot THEN its low .

Gti comes boosted but one less hp then the si but has 207 trq so it all comes down to who is the better driver
This is more of a question than a statement............. I've always had the understanding that the oil level should be checked 3 to 5 mins. after turning off the engine, as opposed to checking from over night. Due to the fact that more oil is going to drain to the sump over night.
Anyone else have an opinion ?

Also referring to post #114

Yea I agree, you have to get your engine to operating temp then turn it of and park on a flat surface. When oil is hot it expands, so if you check it after it sits overnight it will seem a lil low.

Also the trq on a Si is 170, hp is 201. Maybe had your stats a lil confused.

And to clarify, the top dot is full oil, the bottom dot is 1 qt low. So halfway between the 2 means you are 1/2 qt low. Provided you checked it after your engine was running op temp and on a flat surface. I know this for a fact since when my oil was at the bottom dot the dealership had to put in a qt of oil.

those stats was of the vw gti which is 200 hp and 207 trq turbo :face-puke:
so ok ill check it dat way and see wats up guys :thumbsup:
ur right about checking it after shut down:pat: i was just in a rush since i just clocked out dat day .

Back