ericc191's 2013 TW Si Sedan *7/9/14 Update*

Just ordered some 3K hid fogs from ddmtuning. Was only 45 shipped!

Y'all think it will look stupid with my stock factory headlights? And is there a way to have the fogs on with just the drls?

Congrats, I love the TW!
Thanks man.. I was feeling the same way about your color. At least you don't have to wash her 24/7, right?

DIY bumper plug mod with 6 coats of TW:
u5y6uvej.jpg

Reactions: 323
Thanks man.. I was feeling the same way about your color. At least you don't have to wash her 24/7, right?

DIY bumper plug mod with 6 coats of TW:
u5y6uvej.jpg

Totally....black is the most difficult to keep clean. Man, the dealer did the same thing to my front bumper!

Did you fill yours in the same way too? I found one guy who covered it with putty and painted over or something like that so it was completely smooth, but I didn't have the tools or time to do it. :( I like having a zit lol

Did you fill yours in the same way too? I found one guy who covered it with putty and painted over or something like that so it was completely smooth, but I didn't have the tools or time to do it. :( I like having a zit lol

I'm in Cali and technically you need a front plate, so I'm gonna leave it on!

Ah, I was in Sacramento for about 5 years and the cops never bothered me about it, but maybe I got lucky

I had it written in my purchase contract that if I showed up to take delivery, and there was a front plate on the car, I would walk away from the sale. They wrote it on each document! needless to say, no front plate frame on my car.

I had it written in my purchase contract that if I showed up to take delivery, and there was a front plate on the car, I would walk away from the sale. They wrote it on each document! needless to say, no front plate frame on my car.
Wow...that's planning ahead. You didn't see the car before you actually bought it? Good game

Nope, I had not seen the actual car as it was a factory order. I had to jump on it as I had already waited 2 months for a TW si sedan. I had read enough on the forums to know that the dealer installs the plate bracket which is why I was able to get them before they got to it! Pays off to be the squeaky wheel I guess!

My tail light tint and fog light overlay has arrived on my day off! It was meant to be. Pics in an hour! (gotta clean this cat hair infested house a bit, too.)

For some reason, these colors remind me of Sesame Street! lol

Last edited:
Alright so These tint overlays are definitely a pain in the *** to put on, but well worth it.

Tips:
- Do it in a shaded area or garage. I learned this the hard way with my 8th gen. The sun makes them look permanently dirty.
- Take your time (If you feel it is uneven, go ahead and pull it back up some, just make sure to reapply some more soapy water)
- Don't use much soap. Too much will cause permanent suddy look
- YOU HAVE TO USE A HEAT GUN/BLOW DRYER (It will not go on correctly unless you mold it at the crease)
- The Fogs are going to look jacked up no matter how many times you try to put them on. Use a blow dryer and slowly mold them on from the center. This will make the creases only show at the edges.. which wont be seen once they are reinstalled)

Pics:
Before

Left one on!

Here is the difference in Light Smoke and Factory. Had I known it was going to be barely noticeable, I might have opted for the Dark Smoke

WOOT JDM YO!

Fogs looking jacked up, but don't stress it! Won't be able to see these parts once reinstalled.

Required Stuff

Finished Product! These overlays block a LOT of the light output. I would recommend the HID kit with them. I'll show pics after my HID Fog kit arrives so y'all can compare.

Last edited:
Apologies for the bad pics, by the way. I think I should probably lower the resolution on my phone camera before uploading to photobucket?

Just a heads up for everyone. I scratched my gauge cluster plastic using a clean microfiber cloth. It was 100% cotton so be VERY careful when trying to dust off that plastic. :(

Attachments

• IMAG0867.jpg
    IMAG0867.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Just got my Hood Deflector tonight and I decided I could not wait to install it. A pain in the *** to get the alignment correct, but worth it!
What do y'all think? I'll take better pics in the morning!

Last edited:
Looks good so far man! I was gonna get the deflector instead of the hood bra but I was too lazy to deal with installing the deflector lol now you make me wish I stayed with the deflector

Looks good so far man! I was gonna get the deflector instead of the hood bra but I was too lazy to deal with installing the deflector lol now you make me wish I stayed with the deflector

Definitely get it.. looks sick. Even says civic haha

Back