fake chrome grill liner on 13 si sedan

89simonSF

Boston MA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
does anyone know/ has done this?

i want to put carbon fiber vinyl over the obnoxious fake chrome grill liner on the 13 si sedan. Can it be taken out completely or does the whole grill have to come out.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks dudes.

bumper.jpg

grille.jpg Looks like both pieces of chrome are removable. Interestingly, it appears as if both of them just clip/snap in.

Last edited:
Hummmmm wonder what the plastic looks like with the chrome off. Probably looks unfinished.

he4aze3y.jpg

Here's mine. Plasti-dip and gloss fire.
ba3upunu.jpg

i was able to remove the grille without removing the front bumper. the grille itself; the chrome is screwed and also has clips.
First unscrew everything then slowly work the clips out.

here is mine, i wrapped mine with gloss black vinyl, going to re-do it with "mirror-black vinyl" very soon:

Looks really good with the red stripe. Nice job.

i was able to remove the grille without removing the front bumper. the grille itself; the chrome is screwed and also has clips.

here is mine, i wrapped mine with gloss black vinyl, going to re-do it with "mirror-black vinyl" very soon:

Turned out good. How hard was it to actually wrap it?

how did you remove the grill without removing the bumper? was it tedious?

can anybody be a little more specific? is it just tabs holding it to the bumper? ive tried removing all the push clips and it stil feels very secure to me i dont wanna go prying and pulling if its secured somewhere else

can anybody be a little more specific? is it just tabs holding it to the bumper? ive tried removing all the push clips and it stil feels very secure to me i dont wanna go prying and pulling if its secured somewhere else

There are several black plastic tabs that are securing the large black plastic sheet over the gap between the grill and the radiator. Then once you have removed the black plastic piece, there are three additional tabs that are upside down securing the two bottom corners and center bottom area of the chrome piece of the grill to the bumper.

Back