fake chrome grill liner on 13 si sedan

Complete.
urasu2ez.jpg
va5unyge.jpg

u8ypy7a8.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Randy and I'm new to this forum, I just signed up today. I was reading over your discussion with the chrome pieces, I also dislike chrome on cars. I'm in the process of painting them. I'm going to go with the factory paint crystal black pearl. I got the grill and the rear trunk piece off how did you get the two small ones off the bumper near the fogs? Another question where did you purchase the hood deflector?

Awesome, and welcome to the forum!

Glad you are de-chroming!:)

To get the smaller bumper chrome pieces the bumper will have to come off. On the inside of the bumper you will see that the whole unit that stretches the length of the bumper that includes the fogs has many clips. You will have to slowly loosen all of the clips and you will end up having something that looks like this
etajuvyt.jpg

It will be three pieces.
The piece in the rear of the picture is the plastic the sits between each fog light.

Now when all these pieces come out they will come out as one piece. They are clipped together as well!

On the back side of the smaller chrome pieces I believe there is on screw on each and then it's just clipped in.

Be careful with all of these clips. I used a small flat head to pry them all out. Luckily I didn't break any!:). Good luck! If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for the quick reply. It was a hassel detaching chrome piece from grill. Where did you get the hood deflector?

Thanks for the quick reply. It was a hassel detaching chrome piece from grill. Where did you get the hood deflector?
Oh yeah I forgot about that question haha! I got it from collegehillshonda.com. And right now they have them I sale for $65 I believe. Miss paid $130 for mine. The difference between the $130 one and the one they have on sale is that the lowered price one does not have the "civic' insignia on it.

Cool, thanks. What rims did you decide to go with? I just ordered mine, they should be in tomorrow. I went with the 17" klamp enkei black with the red pin stripe. I'm going with the red vtec logo also to match the pin stripe.

Cool, thanks. What rims did you decide to go with? I just ordered mine, they should be in tomorrow. I went with the 17" klamp enkei black with the red pin stripe. I'm going with the red vtec logo also to match the pin stripe.
I just have stock wheels. Wheels will be one of my last mods.

When you decide to buy some, go with http://raceconsultingagency.com/ if you want to save some cash. They got good deals plus free shipping, anyway talk to you later.

Here is a couple of pics how the rims turned out. I still have to put on the chrome pieces I dipped. I put about 5 coats of black and 3 coats of gloss for a shiny look. It came out really nice.
ypy3y9u6.jpg

agedadez.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, and welcome to the forum!

Glad you are de-chroming!:)

To get the smaller bumper chrome pieces the bumper will have to come off. On the inside of the bumper you will see that the whole unit that stretches the length of the bumper that includes the fogs has many clips. You will have to slowly loosen all of the clips and you will end up having something that looks like this
etajuvyt.jpg

It will be three pieces.
The piece in the rear of the picture is the plastic the sits between each fog light.

Now when all these pieces come out they will come out as one piece. They are clipped together as well!

On the back side of the smaller chrome pieces I believe there is on screw on each and then it's just clipped in.

Be careful with all of these clips. I used a small flat head to pry them all out. Luckily I didn't break any!:). Good luck! If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

The first time I vinyled the small chrome parts I did remove the bumper. I ended up taking the vinyl off and a few months re did it only this time while the parts where still on the car. Still turned out great IMO.
mubu8e3e.jpg

Back