fake chrome grill liner on 13 si sedan

Awesome, and welcome to the forum!

Glad you are de-chroming!:)

To get the smaller bumper chrome pieces the bumper will have to come off. On the inside of the bumper you will see that the whole unit that stretches the length of the bumper that includes the fogs has many clips. You will have to slowly loosen all of the clips and you will end up having something that looks like this
etajuvyt.jpg

It will be three pieces.
The piece in the rear of the picture is the plastic the sits between each fog light.

Now when all these pieces come out they will come out as one piece. They are clipped together as well!

On the back side of the smaller chrome pieces I believe there is on screw on each and then it's just clipped in.

Be careful with all of these clips. I used a small flat head to pry them all out. Luckily I didn't break any!:). Good luck! If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Correct 1 Philips screw and 6 clips.
aje9u6eq.jpg

I took mine to a body shop to get it painted factory color and they told me the paint would not stick. So I brought it home and plastic dipped the front and bumper chrome pieces. I did not want yo take off bumper for the fog pieces. Thanks for the heads up.

I took mine to a body shop to get it painted factory color and they told me the paint would not stick. So I brought it home and plastic dipped the front and bumper chrome pieces. I did not want yo take off bumper for the fog pieces. Thanks for the heads up.
No worries I've had it dipped all though it gets rid of the unwanted fake bling the color isn't a match. Try the vinyl it's easy and looks 99.9% identical to the surrounding black parts.

Just peeled off the carbon fiber vinyl on the chrome and plasti-dipped them. Looks good and clean. Can these pieces be hydro-dipped?

I'm looking for some black and red wheel caps. I've done some research and come to find out there are none that are manufactured that way unless you paint them yourself. Anybody have any feedback where to get some. Im looking for some that have a black background with the red h.

Back