General Altimax Arctic review

I would have thought that also. Yes same amount of tread.
Do you and your friend have the same car, Sound proofing could make a difference?

As far as this thread goes, talking about cables/snow tires/studs......... When I was living in Denver, I tried all of each. What I liked best was tires I had sniped, it was the best over-all for ice and dry. No one snipes tires around here(Denver tire companies have snipe equipment $5 a tire(10 years ago).

Do you and your friend have the same car, Sound proofing could make a difference?

Yes we both have the same car ('15 WRX Limited). I think I might go with some aftermarket sound proofing to stop a few rattles caused by my Harmon Kardon speakers in the front doors

Any new members running these tires this winter? I haven't swapped over to my winter setup yet. It's been warm lately (I LOVE IT) :)

I put them on last week but we still haven't gotten snow, I'm just waiting anxiously

I like my set of Altimax Arctic's but might sell them and not run a dedicated winter tire next winter... Watch I sell them and we will get hit hard here in Maryland... :hiding:

Been running my set of non-studded altimax in our harsh canadian winter for 3 years now.

I've owned much more expensive winter tires before and they are like 1/3 of the price for 85% of the performances, thats pretty hard to beat.

I'll definitely buy another set when this one is done.

Back