greatest wedding proposal?

Boyfriend surprises fiancée with elaborate cinema marriage proposal

Matt Still's marriage proposal video, which he screened in a cinema to his unsuspecting girlfriend, has been viewed more than 2.5 million times on YouTube.

2:07PM BST 19 May 2011

Ginny Joiner, from Atlanta, US, thought she was going to see "Fast Five" at the cinema with her brother while her boyfriend was at work.

However after a series of trailers, her boyfriend's feature was projected onto the giant screen instead of the expected movie.

As the opening credits began, Miss Joiner, whose reaction was filmed live, can be seen whispering to a friend, "this had better be good".

The opening scene shows two men in discussion, their faces hidden off camera.

As she slowly realises she is watching her boyfriend Matt Still asking her father for her hand in marriage she holds her hands to her face in shock.

Mr Still is then seen jumping into his car and driving to the local cinema to propose.
The trailer, titled 'Making the Movies Jealous', ends in dramatic slow-motion as Mr Still opens the screening room door, engagement ring in hand.
Switching to live video camera, the trailer's producer Michael Escobar records the moment Miss Joiner accepts and the pair are congratulated by family and friends who had been hiding among the audience.
Titled "Greatest Marriage Proposal EVER!!!", the video had been watched 2.5 million times by Thursday, only three days after it was uploaded.

hahah was she afraid you were stealing their daughter away?

Holy crap I have no clue how I'd react if Robert had done that. I'd probably so pissed at him..LMAO

Though... I know he wouldn't do that...he's afraid of heights :rotfl:

I fixed them. 9th wasn't allowing me to edit them properly...and it wasn't the same post ...posted twice..i was just switching :P

thx, guess I should have tested it...

Okay. That made me cry and laugh but cry and I'm not the emotional woman type. That was awesome!

Lol thats awesome! I saw this video few days ago. definitely the best and most expensive way to propose! haha but the lamest part was when he tried to throw the popcorn in the air before entering the theater room haha. he failed the first time

both vids are awesome!

i proposed a couple months ago and put a fair bit of effort into planning. wasn't for doing it extravagantly but wanted to make it fun, original and a surprise

the "former" gf went on a 1 day business trip - i gave her letters to read with a bunch of fun quizzes about us for the ride out and more of a love letter with questions about our relationship for the ride back
the next morning when she had a day off (and i was suppose to go to work) i force her to get up early with me - 645am and i made plans with her for lunch (to keep her busy during the day) but in the week i told her to eat breakfast with me at 7am before i go (was a bit of a habbit we do - her more begrudgingly if she doesn't have to be up)

at 7am - there's someone at the door, i tell her its for her - she's like "this is so sketchy.." cuz it's my place not her's. i had some ppl dressed up as butlers carrying trays like room service for a hotel and promptly left
with it comes another letter that says "and the next question is..."

it totally worked ;)

and i asked her parents too - two days before. they were supposed to go with me to take her to the airport but only one came so there went that plan and then i couldn't come up with a good excuse to go visit them but i made something up later in the evening. Really nervous stuff but I wouldn't trade those two memories for anything.

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page."

I don't feel like logging into 8th :giggle:

I don't blame you, Jeff :rotfl:

Congratulations wing :) Mr and I will have been engaged 6 months on the 22nd :cheerleader: It's all very exciting and overwhelming! When do you think you two will get married? We're still...deciding..could be a year :(

Back