How much do people actually value you?

Thank you.

It gets better. I noticed that whenever our son got sick as a youngster, he'd pass it on to my wife. Colds were ping-ponged back and forth between them. He never got me sick though. With our daughter, if she was ever even sniffly, I got a huge cold just looking at her. So I guess I avoided sharing in her food offers, bites of this and that . . . straws . . . A while ago she confronted me about never wanting to try her food, drink from the same glass, etc., so I just said, "Oh, I hadn't noticed that" and swore I'd change my ways, only refusing to try something if she was sick.

After the doctor appointment today, my poor Sweetpea could hardly open her mouth, jaw hurt, wanted to stop at a Tropical Smoothie Cafe before going back to school. I order a sandwich and bottle of water. She orders a Tropi-something smoothie. "Oh Dad, you have to try this." I have no escape and don't want to hurt her feelings, so I take it by the straw and try it. "Sweetie, that's really good. Thank you."

Later, as we're getting into the car, she said, "Dad, I was really surprised that you tried my smoothie." "Why so, Sweetpea?"

"Because you know I have a cold, right?"

Um, not exactly, but now I notice the half empty 12 pack of mini-kleenex packets that's been on the diningroom table since last week.
You sir, need to write a book. This is great :rotfl:
Keep the stories coming :rotfl:

That or start a funny parenthood stories thread :rotfl:

You sir, need to write a book. This is great :rotfl:
Keep the stories coming :rotfl:

That or start a funny parenthood stories thread :rotfl:
When our son was just starting to wear underwear instead of pullups, he came tearing around a corner, so proud of himself, "Mommy, Mommy, I know which way my underpants go on!

The brown spot goes in the back!" True story . . .

I swear, it's all true. My daughter is learning to read . . . we regularly pass this dive bar with a huge "tasteful" white box sign showing the silhouettes (sp?) of two skirted dancing women. Above them it says "Jim's GO GO Bar."

Sweetpea says, "Daddy I want to go there when I grow up!" "What? Why there, Sweetie?"

"It's a cheerleading school!"

The place is a proper Irish pub now, but maybe she was right, sort of.

And yes, she's on the cheer team at school.

OK. Last one. I'm new to the job when I take my then four-year old son to work to meet everyone. My boss was a very proper woman-attorney from another country and she just loved kids. So she has my son sit on her lap (he does not like this) and starts asking him, then chiding him, about having a girlfriend at pre-K. Can you believe it? He's a smart kid so, when she finally askes him, "So tell me, is your girfriend pretty?" he says, going limp and sliding to the floor, "Yup, not like you!"

I expected a pink slip . . . just got extra work for about a year.

OK. Last one. I'm new to the job when I take my then four-year old son to work to meet everyone. My boss was a very proper woman-attorney from another country and she just loved kids. So she has my son sit on her lap (he does not like this) and starts asking him, then chiding him, about having a girlfriend at pre-K. Can you believe it? He's a smart kid so, when she finally askes him, "So tell me, is your girfriend pretty?" he says, going limp and sliding to the floor, "Yup, not like you!"

I expected a pink slip . . . just got extra work for about a year.
OMG LMFAO!!!!!

How do we link to a prior/different thread on this site? To give you an idea of what my two rascals were like, we were visiting someone at the governor's house in Honolulu, which was Queen Lillie's final house (spent her last years under house arrest there, sadly.) Years earlier, when her kingdom was flourishing, she sent native koa wood to NYC and had Steinway Bros. build her a piano and ship it back. Whale ivory keys, I believe, the works. It was in a roped off room when we were there, but my kids were determined to lpay it. They snuck into a sunroom, threw open the french door and I found this!

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/official-put-a-face-to-your-screen-name.6953/page-2#post-145049

Last edited:
How do we link to a prior/different thread on this site? To give you an idea of what my two rascals were like, we were visiting someone at the governor's house in Honolulu, which was Queen Lillie's final house (spent her last years under house arrest there, sadly.) Years earlier, when her kingdom was flourishing, she sent native koa wood to NYC and had Steinway Bros. build her a piano and ship it back. Whale ivory keys, I believe, the works. It was in a roped off room when we were there, but my kids were determined to lpay it. They snuck into a sunroom, threw open the french door and I found this! Post 35 in this thread.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/official-put-a-face-to-your-screen-name.6953/page-2

See that number next to the like button? Click on it and it will give you the address directly to that post.

I wonder what else we can lichen to that.....

Ascolichen_T.jpg

Back