If you had $100...

"custom" cat back exhaust with a stainless steel tip ($70) polishing compound ($9) polishing pads ($8)

^^that!

Get the Progress 22mm rear sway. Well worth the money!
Its really that much better? , I imagine it would be as it is 7mm thicker. Is it heavier or is it hollow?. Does it create more understeer?. I saw the front is only 21mm.

Its really that much better? , I imagine it would be as it is 7mm thicker. Is it heavier or is it hollow?. Does it create more understeer?. I saw the front is only 21mm.

To quote @Nix from a few other threads

Only upgrade the rear. Either leave the front alone or remove it all together. The car is already unbalanced from the factory for heavy understeer. The larger rear sway helps return a better handling car.

Yes, 22mm progress. It's a difference of squares where the slight increase from 19 - 22mm is significant.
($179 with free shipping from wesell. I just looked. It also included reinforcement brackets)

It doesn't feel weird per say but you will immediately feel a difference.

edit: hah! Lambo beat me to it!

Also from nix:
I would really recommend the Progress 22mm rear sway for your Si. The difference in the size of swaybars is the sum of squares. The Progress bar is a 34% increase over the 19mm, which I think is stock size on the Si anyway.

Reactions: Nix
Thanks. I've been itching to buy something else for the car and i've been thinking a downpipe , but yesterday on a off ramp I felt the weakness of the stock rsb. Plus it's cheaper so wifey wont complain.:)

for comparison vs the lx sway bar View attachment 28183

it is solid for the record.
That bar on the right is hollow . . . no doubt about it. May be great, but hollow. The '13 si oem rsb is a fatter solid bar than the '12 si solid bar, and costs about $33.00, IIRC? For those who don't own a '13 Si, this may be a cheap alternative upgrade for the rear bar that entails just an oem '13 Si bar. Don't let the fatness in this pic "sway" you too much if you own a '12. That said, I haven't changed my rsb. Just did eibach springs so far.

Last edited:
That bar on the right is hollow . . . no doubt about it. May be great, but hollow. The '13 si oem rsb is a fatter solid bar than the '12 si solid bar, and costs about $33.00, IIRC? For those who don't own a '13 Si, this may be a cheap alternative upgrade for the rear bar that entails just an oem '13 Si bar. Don't let the fatness in this pic "sway" you too much if you own a '12. That said, I haven't changed my rsb. Just did eibach springs so far.
dude its solid... trust me. me and a friend did the install and unless its hallowed out depleted uranium its solid.

i mean i cant speak for it because i own an fg3 but i did my homework on that purchase and i know its night and day. some si drivers have made the same jump up to the 22mm @immajackuup for one i know has. i mean im not sure on the size of the 13si rear sway and im also unsure of what you drive @Michael Perez but what i know is this is one of the best mods i myself have done.

dude its solid... trust me. me and a friend did the install and unless its hallowed out depleted uranium its solid.

i mean i cant speak for it because i own an fg3 but i did my homework on that purchase and i know its night and day. some si drivers have made the same jump up to the 22mm @immajackuup for one i know has. i mean im not sure on the size of the 13si rear sway and im also unsure of what you drive @Michael Perez but what i know is this is one of the best mods i myself have done.
Hey, I'll take your word for it that it's solid then. Sure is thick. And a great mod. I have a '12 Si sedan with oem rsb but lowered a bit on eibach prokit. The '13 oem rsb is @3 or so mm larger than the '12 and is inexpensive. I don't know for sure that it fits, but seems it should.

Hey, I'll take your word for it that it's solid then. Sure is thick. And a great mod. I have a '12 Si sedan with oem rsb but lowered a bit on eibach prokit. The '13 oem rsb is @3 or so mm larger than the '12 and is inexpensive. I don't know for sure that it fits, but seems it should.
That pic is from the lx sway. It's smaller than the SI sway

Anyone have experience with Callahan slotted rotors and other brake parts, heavily promoted an fleabay? They come up on Amazon too.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Callahan slotted rotors and other brake parts, heavily promoted an fleabay?
im not no.. i havent really gotten in to stopping power yet because i drive an lx. i dont know if he would know but i always see them post in suspension but maybe @death_roll or @Nix know a thing or two about this.

Anyone have experience with Callahan slotted rotors and other brake parts, heavily promoted an fleabay?

I would stay away, cheap and brakes don't mix well... I got EBC slotted rotors and they are pretty good...

But brakes is a whole package from fluid to brake lines to rotors to pad. Current setup of my LX, ATE TYP 200 fluid, SS brake lines, ebc slotted rotors, pep-boys ceramic pads... 4 days of hard driving and my brakes never faded once, and stopped hard enough to hurt

I'm going to start a thread in the proper section on brakes with questions I have. For instance, with just 20k miles,it feels like my front left rotor is already "warped."

Back