IMID, Navi Hacking/App Program Question

Thesssfactor

Queens, Ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
Sedan
Im trying to figure out if there is a way to enter the root of the System that runs either the Navi and Imid?

I believe those two run differently, but they are networked together.

My goal design a emulator app on the navi that would allow me to flash an android rom.

Any information you can provide or input is valued.

You'd probably have to hack the navi or build something stand alone cause I think the iMid is just a display.

You'd probably have to hack the navi or build something stand alone cause I think the iMid is just a display.
But what about models without navi? There has to be some software running the imid independently

The head unit. All that info runs through there. Someone posted a wire schematic that lead me to believe its pretty much just a display that also has a video in for the backup cam. But I'm not sure. I haven't taken it apart yet. Someone on another forum got it to play videos through a switch to a DVD player.

Just my 2 cents based on no real research. Simple google search only showed rumors of win CE.

Looking at it and based on what is available out there it has to be some real time os (linux flavour of some sort, more custom/very bare bone embedded ) or windows CE. Which one exactly hard to say without taking it out and snooping around. The Navi should be some third party integrated to work with the rest of the car. I only see radio and GPS on the Navi screen so very little integration with it.

Android would be an overkill for the manufacturer though a gold mine for us fans ;)

The net is full of replacements running either linux or windows ce for the Navi.

As hotshot said. There has to be a central unit that coordinates all digital displays imid included and integrates with the Navi.

Last edited:
http://wiki.hive13.org/Honda_Navigation_Hacking

navi for 2009 is win ce according to this.
I was going to try to do something similar to this, I just need to get some more researching done. I am thinking its running either Linux or another portable OS (tablet like os). Maybe Windows I dont know until I clone the hard drives in the car. I know the Mid and navi has to be a stand alone. Its simpler to mass produce the cars and trouble shoot it that way.

I highly doubt Honda would integrate the navi into the same hardware, civics are not luxury cars hence my reasoning.

But the honda navi hacking is a god send, ill just this info soon. I know the access port is going to have to be where the glove usb drive is

You might be right, I have an idea to access the bootmenu that allows the usb port to boot up to access a file and then trigger it over and connect to files on the usb drive. (that might work)

They must have a way to service it so I would guess some hidden port behind or under the dash. The USB we see is a USB host. To properly talk to it we need the device port which has to be somewhere.

I think the program or access port is behind the glove box. The one we have is design for media sync.

behind the glove box

Da.sized.jpg

The head unit. All that info runs through there. Someone posted a wire schematic that lead me to believe its pretty much just a display that also has a video in for the backup cam. But I'm not sure. I haven't taken it apart yet. Someone on another forum got it to play videos through a switch to a DVD player.
Yes, I believe ADExternal knows about how to hook up a DVD to the Imid and is working on a potential DIY. ???

I posted the link in post 2 - it's how to update the nav....but it shows the port

You should be able to provide power to the pin that expects reverse lamp input, and input video into the connector(s) that are needed for the reverse camera. Plumb audio into the head unit, good to go?

Back