Interchangeable K-Series Parts?

He just wanted a spare one so he can paint the valve cover while keeping the car drive-able.

So i can order a lightweight flywheel and clutch for an 7th or 8th Gen and it will work on my 12 si? What about the hill assist, how would that be addressed or does it cause an issue?

Can anyone provide some feedback on this? i am interested in an aftermarket lightweight flywheel myself. I cannot find anything in regards to specific '12 Si parts, so i am trying to find out if an older model can be swapped in. Thanks ahead for any input, or references where i can find the info.

and Procivic.com has Type R red valve covers for the '12 civics, if anyone was still interested in those. i like the look of that myself, but have other things i would do before that.

flywheel info -

response from competition clutches -

====
The 2012 and up cars uses a very sensitive crank speed detection system. If the ecu does not see the crank speed up and slow down properly (within what it knows is proper) in between each stage of the 4 stroke cycle (suck, squeeze, bang, blow) it will throw a check engine light and cause the vehicle to go into limp mode.

We have found out that our clutch assembly for the previous gen si's (8037 base kits), when combined with a properly weighted OEM flywheel (22100-RBC-003), will fall within the realm of what the ecu deems as proper and allow the car to run with an aftermarket clutch assembly.

With an aftermarket ecu or perhaps a reflash of the factory ecu you can get around all that and just bolt up a previous gen clutch and flywheel (8037 & 2-800). I hope this clears things up for you.

Thank you,
Dominic F.
Warranty/Tech
Competition Clutch, Inc
====

lightweight flywheel will not work without changes to the ecu. Hondata will have to answer that question when full tuning is available.

sent a message to hondata about flashpro & the lightweight flywheel questions

Wow, thank u. Didnt get that far yet, haha. Called up my shop tho to find out how much it would run for them to help me with tuning. I did speak to them tho about swappin out previous gen flywheel, advised me not to jump the gun so early, which i can understand. Haha, told me to put some miles on the car, get a feel for her, save some money, and in time there could direct parts for our year that might not b an issue.

It contains the reflash calibration, large injector calibrations, and it can switch off the misfire codes associated with light flywheels.
Doug

so flashpro will resolve the flywheel issue.

Back