Jackson Racing announces R18 Rotrex Supercharger kit

@Tak. If you check previous posts JR told me that it would require cutting of the core supports to fit properly. Therefore it's a no go as far as they are concerned. I debated experimenting but it's a lot of money to take a chance on.
Yes. I've read about this. But I'm hoping there's a solution for now LOL

I don't get why SC a r18...if you got it for gas sipping or because it costed less than a Si doesn't it defeat the purpose? Why not trade in for a Si?

Sometimes, it's not like..."oh why don't you trade in for Si?" attitude. I could've got a EVO before but I opted out.

I'm a guy who wants to be unique and special.

I buy a r18 for my daily commute. But sometimes I wanna do some special things in my life. If I do have the $$$, why can't I build a SC R18?

I'm really happy with my r18. But "my always try to be unique in my life" attitude may one day want to put SC on my r18.

This is the same attitude about how I learn about computing in my career. I just don't get a Dell or HP and called it done. I build computers and setup windows server infrastructure at home. If I got a dell, I also customize it myself as well.

Last edited:
Yes. I've read about this. But I'm hoping there's a solution for now LOL
Yeah. When I talked with them it did not sound like they had any intention of addressing it. You can contact them directly and see. With the New generations coming out I don't think this platform will see anymore support.

Reactions: Tak
Yeah. When I talked with them it did not sound like they had any intention of addressing it. You can contact them directly and see. With the New generations coming out I don't think this platform will see anymore support.
I just asked them. They said they do not have any planning for 9th gen R18.
So I guess this thread is dead then from now.......

"Custom" and "fitting" is true hot-rodding.

Do. It.

Yes, trading in for an Si will net you the same power per $$ and makes more sense on paper, but a quick R18 is pretty fun. Especially when you keep up with a bolt on Si guy in traffic. Been there a couple times. I'm not advocating street racing but if you do a couple things and "keep up" with an Si, they give you a look. It's not the same as a fast car but a quick fun car... yeah I can get on board with that.

I highly recommend a few mods for the R18 guys, but if you want power and "fast", either trade or buy a second car for the $$.

You got $5-10k? Lets mod that R18!

Your killing me @Nix. I'm trying to talk myself out of the boosted R18. I started looking at turbos again a few weeks ago for fun... I just want to wrench on something. I keep debating taking a week off of work and boosting my car for shits and giggles. I still love this car and I'm happy with were it is.

I do need something more family friendly. I'm debating keeping my car for something fun and buying something else for the family, or buying something fun and getting rid of my car. Really depends on what Honda does with the hatch and the new si. The more they wait to release the more I might go buy a sc.

Idk what people mean when they say "trade it in for an Si" ...like dude do you guys realize if I still owe 15k on my LX I'm gonna put that on top of a 23k car and end up paying 38k for an Si

If I was gonna add another 23k onto my loan why would I spend it on a car that doesn't even come with 200hp at stock, instead id put that money into building it if anything

Idk what people mean when they say "trade it in for an Si" ...like dude do you guys realize if I still owe 15k on my LX I'm gonna put that on top of a 23k car and end up paying 38k for an Si
Trading the car in means the dealership buys your car. So say they give you 15k for your car and you owe 15k.... you come out clean. Then you're buying a different car for whatever price you negotiate on that car. You wouldn't owe 38k. You owe just whatever the new car costs. If the dealer said they're paying you 17k for your car, you'd pocket 2k and then finance your new car. If they said they'd pay you 13k for your car, you'd be 2k upside down, and you'd now have a loan for 2k rolled into whatever the new car costs.

Reactions: Nix
So I am going to assume that nothing has come of this? I just emailed JR yesterday. No response yet. Anyone have an update? lost cause?
I would much rather go supercharger because its much easier to install, and I want a linear power curve but maybe turbo may be the only option at this point for significant power gains...
There doesn't seem to be very much information out there for tuning 9th gen r18s likely because of the lack of interest. Trading in for an SI isn't worth it at this point for me but a decent kit would be. I'm not looking for an SI killer or anything. I simply want to improve the power and response of my r18.

Reactions: Tak
So I am going to assume that nothing has come of this? I just emailed JR yesterday. No response yet. Anyone have an update? lost cause?
I would much rather go supercharger because its much easier to install, and I want a linear power curve but maybe turbo may be the only option at this point for significant power gains...
There doesn't seem to be very much information out there for tuning 9th gen r18s likely because of the lack of interest. Trading in for an SI isn't worth it at this point for me but a decent kit would be. I'm not looking for an SI killer or anything. I simply want to improve the power and response of my r18.
From I know last time, they said no for 9th Gen. But you can buy the kit to customize it to make it fit.

Look into vitviper / vittuned.com for tuning. He does the r18's through etuning.

From I know last time, they said no for 9th Gen. But you can buy the kit to customize it to make it fit.

Does anyone know what "core support" they mean? as long as my car isn't going to split in two or start to warp as I drive, I'm all for it. I guess they will likely never tell anyone because of liability issues. Supercharging just seems like the more economical way to get more power. I could install it myself rather than having to pay a garage to install a turbo kit. If I had the money right now id be all for stepping up as a guinea pig but we all know how that goes.

Does anyone know what "core support" they mean? as long as my car isn't going to split in two or start to warp as I drive, I'm all for it. I guess they will likely never tell anyone because of liability issues. Supercharging just seems like the more economical way to get more power. I could install it myself rather than having to pay a garage to install a turbo kit. If I had the money right now id be all for stepping up as a guinea pig but we all know how that goes.
The main front steel structural cage that supports the radiator and whatnot

Back