k24 motor eats oil again???

Update. Honda says if you are going to try and warranty this motor they want 5 oil consumption tests one every week on the same day of the week, no mods including tint lol j/k about the tint. You cant add any oil while doing the test and after the results they will determine what there action will be. Im on week 3 now started over because they have been adding oil.

are they actually draining the oil and measuring your quantity that way?

so it's like you're getting a weekly oil change right now?

that is, unless they're capturing it, and then pouring it back in your engine?

Damn man I hope you get a new motor out of the deal, I guess you should drive the hell out of it while they're doing the 5 consumption tests so it uses as much as possible.

This is definitely a hit or miss problem. I've been checking my oil weekly after seeing how many people are having this problem. Just under 2400 miles and hasn't used a drop. Completely babied for the first 1000 miles, now I've been hitting vtec more & more and running it closer to redline, haven't hit the rev limiter yet...either way I wish you the best of luck!

k20z3 some had oil loss initially, but I can't recall of anyone going through the tests you're describing

my car has decided to stop eating oil. 6 tests and the last 5 were just fine. I dont get it. at my dealership 4 new si's have come in for the same thing but it seems to go away.

I'm right a 3k, still hasn't used a drop.

What was your mileage when it stopped eating oil? At least there's an end in sight for the people who have the consumption issue, the thought of always having to add oil on a brand new car is just ridiculous!

I totally understand why you did it ... I was just thinking that I don't recall any k20z3 owners having this issue. I know some had lower oil initially, but not like yours

I totally understand why you did it ... I was just thinking that I don't recall any k20z3 owners having this issue. I know some had lower oil initially, but not like yours
as far as my knowledge it was the k24 motors that did it even my 2006 accord se did it also my 2010 accord same thing, the crv did also and now the si the only thing they all have in common is the k24 motor

That sounds good to me. Do you spend much time in vtec?

Welcome BTW. :wavey:

Not much time in vtec, maybe once a week if at all...have a short commute and everything is close to where I live so not really anytime to even let it warm up to do it?! But when I do it's fun as hell...had the Si since September and just the other day for the first time I just redlined 2nd 3rd & 4th...don't want a speeding ticket as redlining in 4th put me at about 100mph...usually just redline 2nd and that's it

Back