K24Z7 Cams and Headwork

How many different variations will there be for the the k24z7 for example street, race, f/i etc....

lol @ without a tune. Do you think camshafts are magic? :D

I still can't believe there's people out there trying to run intakes without a tune on these cars, just end up losing horsepower and making the car run terribly.

lol @ without a tune. Do you think camshafts are magic? :D

I still can't believe there's people out there trying to run intakes without a tune on these cars, just end up losing horsepower and making the car run terribly.
For the record, stage 1 or street cams are designed to drop in and go with out tunes. you can tune to provide that extra hp but isn't required. Since there arent any K24Z7 cams out yet i thought it was a prudent question.

Also there are plenty of K&N or aFe bolt on intakes that make substantial power without tunes!

Yeah, try running a drop in cam on a honda with a MAF sensor and see how it works out. Hint: it doesn't.

This isn't an old honda setup. It's a new motor, the strict emissions requirements really mess with adding modifications without a tune.

You can think that a stage 1 cam will work perfectly all you want, i'm here to prevent you from doing something stupid like that.

The only intakes that seem to make power still use the stock hose or are enclosed boxes, the ones not doing this don't seem to function well at all. And god forbid you swap in a 3.5" intake with stock ecu, surprised it even idles with that thing on there.

ANYWAYS, companies trying to make money off you will always claim you can "just drop it in and make power". From lots of experience with these engines and these ECU's, i'll tell you now you won't appreciate how your car runs afterwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always thought that when referring to cams, the term "drop-in" meant that there were no required modifications to the springs/retainers or any other head work to run the cams. I honestly can't see a car running efficiently with bigger cams on a stock ECU.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always thought that when referring to cams, the term "drop-in" meant that there were no required modifications to the springs/retainers or any other head work to run the cams. I honestly can't see a car running efficiently with bigger cams on a stock ECU.

drop in, when referring to camshafts, generally refers to 2 main things.

1.) no springs and retainers required
2.) they will idle like stock

They usually claim it will work on stock ecu, which technically it does. It just doesn't run well.

Back