Leasing a car...thoughts?

He sent those and 15 other pics, lol

Very nice but I think they are high on the price a bit.
For ammo...
Dealers at auction picking up one of these...

07' TL-s Auto w/62k was only $15k 2weeks ago. Manuals are generally less $$ than automatics?
08' TL S w/navi 28k miles only brought $20,600
there was another 08' in confirmed high quality condition with 33k miles that was only 18.

Try to get em around 18k on an 07' w/40+ miles? They will probably still make a buck.
Let me know if you need more ammo to negotiate with.

Were are you getting the info from? I usually see the autotrader and cars.com ads and they show TL-S 40k miles at $23+, 60-80k miles at 18-20k.

I would like to see that 6spd at the dealership but they are 400 miles from me and the local blueberry guy(giggle) mentioned he is pretty firm on the price.

That's what a dealer would pay to pick one up from an auction. Lease turn-ins and that sort of thing. I've got a line through a guy.
I couldn't find info on any 07's but the $$ amounts are what the car is worth to the dealership. Id imagine an 07' with that mileage would probably be only about 15-17 for them to get. If you can get them down to 18-19k they still make a buck and you save a bit.

Usually you can get more selling your car than trading it in but I think the almost 24k is kinda high no matter how nice. Cars through this particular "avenue" are graded 1-5. 5 being showroom and 1 being frame damage. Usually I only look at 3-4 range. The typical wear and tear on a used car. Hard to find and usually more $$ but definitely the ones you see carmax go after. Any non dealer selling a Honda or Acura got it through auction. That's how I got my civic. It was a lease turn in being sold by American Honda Finance/Honda Lease Trust/HVT. I ended up 5k ahead and since pricing went up on used cars, especially fuel efficient small ones, I am actually looking at auction values higher than what I paid a year ago. Its crazy.

Yeah dude NP. It may not help especially if the guy dont wanna sell or bargain a little but its just some ammo so you know where you stand in terms of good deal/bad deal.

you need someone from the Cincinnati area to check it out... I think the closest person would be cameron (that I can think of off hand), and he's like 2+hrs away

I'm guessing lowering the payment was the goal... (if he didn't, his lease would be like ~100 dollars more a month)

Eesshh... what year 3 is he trading? Just looked.... 06-09's.... values are on average, for trade in, around 7-8k.

If hes got an 08' or later with around 30k miles he might be able to get 10 or 12k if hes lucky. Might be better off selling it outright. Could probably get 11-12 much easier.

guess he didn't really say what yr the 3 was... but if his commute is really short, he may also have really really low miles

He has an 08 with 70K? miles. Pretty basic model too.

Back