Line output converter

Bulkybear

It's my understanding that when using the stock head unit a LOC is needed. I have a 2012 si so ill probably be tapping into the stock subwoofer for my signal. Question is if I do this I would want to turn the stock sub down because I wouldn't need as much output from it. Wouldn't this affect the sound from my aftermarket sub?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Turn the stock sub up so u can have easyer controll over it through the radio pm me if u need help and I'll send u a phone number to text or call if I'm available to talk

Clunck

I agree with Stoe. The LCQ-1 allowed me to vary the voltage being sent to the sub so I can get as much or as little power as I needed but having said that, I vary the amount of bass in the sub via a separate remote bass control. If you don't use these then I would start with it all the way up and if it distorts, then start backing down.

I'm planning to use a simple LOC. Nothing like what you have. Wouldn't turning the sub down make for a bad signal from the LOC? Maybe I should unhook the factory sub and just use the sub setting as a remote?

Just hook the loc to the sub wires have it turned up reasonably on the amp and then u can control sub setting via radio

Clunck

I will probably do just that. Guess I'll have to play with it to get that balance from the factory sub and the aftermarket sub. I'm wanting to use the stock sub for my midbass

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Do you have any loc? I have a couple of PAC SNI-15's that aren't getting used. They're cheap (in this case free to you) but they worked for me before I got the LCQ-1. Send me a PM and I'll mail em to you. Hate seeing stuff go unused.

Do you have any loc? I have a couple of PAC SNI-15's that aren't getting used. They're cheap (in this case free to you) but they worked for me before I got the LCQ-1. Send me a PM and I'll mail em to you. Hate seeing stuff go unused.
Pm sent

You know the stock amp is maybe 120 RMS. I don't remember the distribution but I thought it was 70-80 to the free air sub and the rest distributed so maybe 10W per channel. That will work for the stock speakers but won't power an aftermarket mid bass worth powering. I had mine pulled out and it was the absolute tiniest amp I've ever seen...Are you going to enclose the stock sub or put it in the door? I never thought i heard a peep out of mine which is what got me started to tweak my stereo. Got your PM. Will stick in the mail

Cool thanks. All I'm looking to do is add an amp and a 12 inch sub. I just figured since the stock sub doesn't go that low I would adjust the crossover on the 12 to handle anything below what the stock sub can reproduce. That should let the stock sub be more pronounced in the midbass frequencies while keeping the 12 allocated to the actual bass.

Sounds good to me. I should only need one.

PM me your address with name unless 'Clunck' will get it to you. Also, tell me what you're looking to do with it. (I just like hearing what other guys are doing in their setups)
I plan on making a custom fiberglass enclosure prolly 2 12s or one 15 and a couple speakers for the trunk but I'm gonna build it so I leaves access to the spare and the trucks still usable. I'll pm u when I get home thanks man let me know how much shipping is I'll PayPal it to u

Clunck

I plan on making a custom fiberglass enclosure prolly 2 12s or one 15 and a couple speakers for the trunk but I'm gonna build it so I leaves access to the spare and the trucks still usable. I'll pm u when I get home thanks man let me know how much shipping is I'll PayPal it to u

Clunck
Dude,

This is 4x3x1. Unless you live on the moon, it can't be more than $2, lol. Appreciate the offer. Just like knowing stuff I can't use is getting put to use. On a car audio forum, I gave up some old school Diamond Audio S600 cross overs and a box full of stinger line to help a guy out and the good karma off of that convinced me to get rid of these.

Dude,

This is 4x3x1. Unless you live on the moon, it can't be more than $2, lol. Appreciate the offer. Just like knowing stuff I can't use is getting put to use. On a car audio forum, I gave up some old school Diamond Audio S600 cross overs and a box full of stinger line to help a guy out and the good karma off of that convinced me to get rid of these.
We definitely appreciate that. My old forum for the charger wasn't as nice. It's things like this that play a part in which cars I choose. Definitely going to pay it forward when an opportunity comes up. Love this community so far.

Wired up a LOC to my sub channel and now I have not much sound with low bass. 30hz maybe. The sub moves but no sound really. I've been reading the stock amp in my si attenuates signal below 50hz. Are the rear speakers full range or are they tuned as well. Does the stock head (non navi) have pre amp outputs?

Back