Locked key in trunk

For further incidents i knew about this, but never tried it. Ignore the video quality which is way too long and badly done, the idea is pretty good though.

Last edited:
They make these cool little things that you can put a key in and don't lose them. There called pockets. Very handy. Just came out about 400-500 years ago. They're pretty handy and all. I use mine daily. If you would like a link on where to buy a set, let me know and I'll post it. :giggle:
Actually, most of the time I wear shorts year round and a lot of them don't have pockets, I don't like wearing anything in my pockets. It started from not wanting to have stuff while riding my mc.

I did that with my owner's manual. Then I ran it over 'cause I forgot I put it there.
Different animal....... You can't run over the keys, since you can't start the car without them............. but funny none tha' less.......:D

The snail mail could get him for mail fraud, or trying.

The 2nd one he said electrical tape "conducts" electricity.........:D

Ahhh, my wife locked her key in her trunk. An LX sedan, We have the Honda care roadside assistance. They were out in less than an hour and it was free! Everyone does it, it's just a matter of when.

I used to carry a spare key in my wallet for stuff like this. Now with key fobs it's almost impossible to lock yourself out...well..almost. lol. I always double check to make sure I have my keys in my hand before closing the trunk door. I'd imagine folks would get distracted and already too late before he or she realized what happened.

Problem with these key magnets to hide underneath the car is that they will come loose. It almost make sense to get a copy made without the fob and paint it black and then "glue" it under the car somewhere. Just remember where you put it..lol

Problem with these key magnets to hide underneath the car is that they will come loose. It almost make sense to get a copy made without the fob and paint it black and then "glue" it under the car somewhere. Just remember where you put it..lol

Thats why I mentioned screwing it to the car. That or Gorilla glue. Get copy made without the fob so you can at least get in.

Thats why I mentioned screwing it to the car. That or Gorilla glue. Get copy made without the fob so you can at least get in.

Or Duct Tape! LOL

Yeah Gorilla glue would be good. Just don't put it on the coating underneath as you will tear it off.

I just locked my keys in my trunk the other day! Luckily for me my spare was only a couple miles away and my roommate brought it to me. In the past I locked my keys in the car while it was running, and this car would overheat if it was running and not moving for about 5 mins. (Turns out the hose to the radiator was clamped, easy fix right before I sold it). But I had to smash a window to get in and turn off the car. I chose the little vent window in the back since it was the smallest. It was harder than he'll to break, aim for the corners. Once I had it replaced the guy said it was the most expensive piece of glass on the car, cost me almost $200 for repair. That's my keys locked in car story lol

I have deff taken a blunt object to my passenger side window before(my old pos truck) because the keys were inside lol

Went to grab my tripod and set my keys in trunk. Shut the trunk and my doors were locked. I felt so dumb lol
I always make sure I unlock my doors and open it then close it whenever I grab/put something in the trunk ;p

Back