Locked key in trunk

Never put your keys in the trunk....... think of a alternate place to put them and stick to it.......... "MIND ALERT" no keys in trunk.... Top of tyre/pants pocket. You can't drive over your keys if they're not in the ignition.....

Never put your keys in the trunk....... think of a alternate place to put them and stick to it.......... "MIND ALERT" no keys in trunk.... Top of tyre/pants pocket. You can't drive over your keys if they're not in the ignition.....
You could if you let the ebrake down and were in neutral. What are the chances of that. I had my car lock while my keys were in the drivers seat. I popped the trunk (pulled lever) and shut the door. Grabbed my stuff out the back closed the trunk and went inside. Went back out to get my keys and the car was locked. Luckily I had my spare in the house.

You could if you let the ebrake down and were in neutral. What are the chances of that. I had my car lock while my keys were in the drivers seat. I popped the trunk (pulled lever) and shut the door. Grabbed my stuff out the back closed the trunk and went inside. Went back out to get my keys and the car was locked. Luckily I had my spare in the house.
How did it lock? They aren't suppose to be able to lock on their own...... They, "UN" , only lock with the key or key button........ unless you use the inside door button lock before closing the door.

With all those points covered, did yours lock on it's own?

E-brake .... no smoking , or eat more fish.

I used to have an older car that didn't have a key remote, so I was in the habit of locking the door as soon as I opened it. I broke that habit on my last car, but I would lock myself out occasionally, but I had a spare in my wallet. And I smoke pot so memory isn't always 100% lol.

This last time however I was at a meet, had my new camera and was snapping pics. Car was locked, but I went to my car and opened the trunk only (doors stayed locked) and set my keys down to grab my other lens. Put on lens, shut trunk, then realized I didn't have keys. #potheadproblems lol

Our old crappy chevy lumina came with a spare key that was just the key to unlock the door in a vinyl credit card shaped holder so you could leave it in your wallet. It was kinda handy since you would almost never lock your keys and your wallet in the car at the same time.

Since my car is a hybrid I don't have the luxury of folding down rear seats. I keep the trunk latch next to my driver seat in locked position so somebody wouldn't try getting into my trunk that way. So yeah have to be very careful where I put my keys. lol.

I used to have an older car that didn't have a key remote, so I was in the habit of locking the door as soon as I opened it. I broke that habit on my last car, but I would lock myself out occasionally, but I had a spare in my wallet. And I smoke pot so memory isn't always 100% lol.

This last time however I was at a meet, had my new camera and was snapping pics. Car was locked, but I went to my car and opened the trunk only (doors stayed locked) and set my keys down to grab my other lens. Put on lens, shut trunk, then realized I didn't have keys. #potheadproblems lol

That's why I form a routine, to override forgetfulness , whether it's old age or 420, or both. (being ocd helps).

Back