Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

They are checking it out at the dealership, but it didnt get there intil this morning so no word yet on anything really...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well boys, trouble in paradise...on the way home from work the Subie started shaking and knocking something fierce. Since the dealership is on the way home, I was going to bring it in there and drop it off since it's under warranty. Suddenly the whole instrument panel lights up and the damn thing cuts off. So now I'm on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck to take it to Subaru to figure out what happened. Literally fine when I went to work this morning, and within 30 minutes of leaving work, car is ******...I should have stuck with Hondas.

Ya, subie are junks, always breaking-my neon's are a bit better that's not saying much Ha Ha.:bleh:

All the CEL'S were on and the car won't start at all tried last night after it stopped. It's really bad I know that. I couldn't get under it on the side of the road, but it looked like oil or something was all over the rear suspension, but when I checked the dipstick about 45 minutes after pulling over there was still some on there. But the engine had no guts at all before it just stopped...

Whatever you do don't go on the Crosstrek XV forums... I did that this morning :hiding:

Wonder what CEL's were coming up.. The actual codes.

Don't get discouraged about the Subaru brand. I know you want another Honda...

Ya, subie are junks, always breaking-my neon's are a bit better that's not saying much Ha Ha.:bleh:
Please tell us about all the first hand experience you have owning Subaru’s that broke....

Or you’re just repeating what a YouTube mechanic says?

Look at how many have nothing but the highest rating in every single category.

but yeah, Subaru is junk

8D8E5114-160E-4AFD-930A-587702BAA522.jpeg

895732CC-385F-4284-8A7B-F4129BEC544B.jpeg

Please tell us about all the first hand experience you have owning Subaru’s that broke....

Or you’re just repeating what a YouTube mechanic says?

Look at how many have nothing but the highest rating in every single category.

but yeah, Subaru is junk

Huh? :confused:

I've owned 3 Subaru's.

'07 WRX - no issues
'15 WRX - a good bit of issues
'07 STi - no issues at this time
'17 Legacy - wife's car

Huh? :confused:

I've owned 3 Subaru's.

'07 WRX - no issues
'15 WRX - a good bit of issues
'07 STi - no issues at this time
'17 Legacy - wife's car
You have his posts blocked. I was commenting to wolf saying suby is junk and they all break.

E53E58F8-EE05-4C2D-A96A-2FE411E51B5A.jpeg

Well, spoke to the service manager about what happened. They pulled off the oil pan and guess what? No oil because a rod shot through the bottom of the block, although he didn't specify whether the oil pan was damaged in any way... So now I've been chasing down receipts to prove to Subaru corporate that I have been maintaining the car. Problem, they have the oil filter on the car, but I can't get the receipt showing the purchase of the oil filter (changed oct 6 ~18k miles). I have the receipt (which does not show the weight of the oil) for the oil I put in the car and the jug showing the weight (0 w20). I have the oil filter from the previous oil change in my oil pan with no receipt and autozone cant look it up unless I used my rewards zone (can't remember if I did or not). He said with no receipts, best chance is 50/50 Subaru will honor the warranty. But my problem is that this all went from no problems with the car at all to completely shitboxed in 30 minutes with no warning lights which of course the service manager won't budge that it can't happen. Still no loaner car to get to work because they "don't have any" and rental can't get approved until warranty work is approved. So I'm up **** creek without a boat for the time being. He has been pretty honest and forthcoming about things and even mentioned that I could possibly get a one time blessing from Subaru to fix it even if they don't feel I provided enough evidence to prove I maintained the car. But I'm not changing my oil myself anymore because of **** like this...I'm just hoping I can find what I'm looking for to prove I took care of this car. I'm at wits end with this and it's only been 24 hours. I guess the next step either way is reading the ecm to see what it says about the sensor data. Hopefully I can get a loaner by tomorrow. Not to mention the fact that my wife has been a real pleasure to be around since all this went down yesterday...****!

I’m guessing autoZone can’t/won’t or doesn’t have the ability to pull up security tapes going back that far?

Damn. That's shitty.

Both my '15 WRX (when I had it) and the wife's legacy I take to the dealership for oil changes (some other maintenance). So I have documentation even though it's more expensive.

Why is the wife shitty with you? It's not your fault.

You didn't see any leaks anywhere prior?

No but I’ve seriously almost done it when I put the sub in my trunk. I have the wiring, clamps and everything. I mean I’ve done it like 4 times on eg’s and ej’s I figured it would be to difficult in a 9th lol.

I might try it out tomorrow if I can dig up some info on what is needed. My B swapped CRX was the last car I did a battery swap on and I forgot how I did it lol.

I am thinking of grounding the factory ground to the frame for the sensor and running a 1/0 wire to the rear.

Back