Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Well boys, trouble in paradise...on the way home from work the Subie started shaking and knocking something fierce. Since the dealership is on the way home, I was going to bring it in there and drop it off since it's under warranty. Suddenly the whole instrument panel lights up and the damn thing cuts off. So now I'm on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck to take it to Subaru to figure out what happened. Literally fine when I went to work this morning, and within 30 minutes of leaving work, car is ******...I should have stuck with Hondas.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well boys, trouble in paradise...on the way home from work the Subie started shaking and knocking something fierce. Since the dealership is on the way home, I was going to bring it in there and drop it off since it's under warranty. Suddenly the whole instrument panel lights up and the damn thing cuts off. So now I'm on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck to take it to Subaru to figure out what happened. Literally fine when I went to work this morning, and within 30 minutes of leaving work, car is ******...I should have stuck with Hondas.

you have a crosstrek, no? What year?

If you want winter come to ME, it gets 32 in morning-things are started to freeze.

If you want winter come to ME, it gets 32 in morning-things are started to freeze.
Try parts of Utah, Montana, Dakota’s. Multiple storms where some places got 18+ inches in a night. Single digit lows.

I got to go to Fayetteville tomorrow morning for some appointments and on Thursday I got to work in Welmington NC :cheerleader:.

• Can u hear it? She’s calling u. Come drive the **** out of me @bauer311.

• Can u hear it? She’s calling u. Come drive the **** out of me @bauer311.
The subie?! It ain't calling anyone. Most likely the motor blew for some reason...I didn't drive that thing hard or offroad it. Some kinda defect? But I would love for this to lead to another Honda, gotta look into NC lemon laws...

So am I because I had NO WARNING LIGHTS until it just died. Engine lost all power while limping it to Subaru to figure out what happened when the shaking started...I'll update tomorrow when I know more, but I'm pretty sure something failed and blew the engine. Only question I have is why no warning lights beforehand?

I know a ton of people with 2017+ crosstreks, and they all love theirs. I've not seen anything like your situation, so I'd really like to know more.

Yeah, it's very interesting and frustrating at the same time. Because I should have had a check engine light come on at the minimum. Just called the tow guys who are late by almost an hour now. Peoples word ain't **** anymore. But hopefully I'll know something by lunch...

****! That sucks man. Glad it's under warranty. Hope it's nothing major.

Make sure you request a loaner vehicle since they won't offer it to you.

Yep, 2019 under 19k miles...

That's a good bit of miles for being only around a year old.

@bootyluvr No, although it completely wrecked the area around where I work. Trees and stuff got thrown everywhere!

Glad you are safe :thumbsup:

The subie?! It ain't calling anyone. Most likely the motor blew for some reason...I didn't drive that thing hard or offroad it. Some kinda defect? But I would love for this to lead to another Honda, gotta look into NC lemon laws...

Lemon Law - Has to happen multiple times over a certain # of miles. Unfortunately you'll have to experience this same issue 2 more times within the mileage range..

Edit:

The lemon law requires all vehicles to have an express warranty of at least twelve months or twelve thousand miles. If the express warranty period exceeds 24 months or 24,000 miles, the consumer's right to a replacement or refund is limited to defects which first occur within that first 24 months or 24,000.

def post an update with what they find. I'm very interested

^ Yeah this. :sadface:

So am I because I had NO WARNING LIGHTS until it just died. Engine lost all power while limping it to Subaru to figure out what happened when the shaking started...I'll update tomorrow when I know more, but I'm pretty sure something failed and blew the engine. Only question I have is why no warning lights beforehand?

Very strange with no warning lights. Did you try to turn it back on at the dealership? If so did it start/stay on? Were there CEL's then?

I know a ton of people with 2017+ crosstreks, and they all love theirs. I've not seen anything like your situation, so I'd really like to know more.

^ This. Wonder if it's related to carbon build up? I mean he's only at 19k miles but I've heard some others with the FA engines complain about it.

Back