Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

How many miles you got on it now?

I am having the hardest time trying to figure out what my next vehicle will be. At first I thought I was set on a pickup but a couple days ago the wife told me I can just get whatever. A truck would fit the bill but ultimately I would use the truck bed just a couple times a year(if we end up paying for garbage pickup) and we also rode in the inlaws Maverick. Which the wife thought it would be too small.

Trying to stay around $35k or less so that limits things a bit....less would be better, lol. I was looking at some sporty lux sedans but most have leather and I don't want leather unless it has the cooled seat option. Could get a hatch but nothing new really stands out to me? Used is prob the way to go if I can get something low miles and not get nickled and dimed by dealer fees. Maybe used WRX, STi or Golf?

New CRV would be cool for the "new" factor since at the end of the day I am not putting a sports car to "full use" and the hybrid models get really good mpgs. Then I'm afraid it will be too boring too quickly?

Type R is prob out of the question due to budget and stupid ADMs, lol. Hardly any FK8s used that don't have a crazy price or accidents on them.
I have just under 98k miles. Gonna try to get $10-12k for it to put towards the ITS due in September.

I didn't think Foo was getting rid of the Si... Thought he was going to keep it forever even when he gets the new vehicle.. :think:
I was holding on to it to wait for the RS3 but decided to skip that. It was gonna be hard to give up if I wasn’t going to get a manual. But I have a 6 speed in my future before they ban gas cars.

I’d keep it but I’m already in trouble. We only have a two car garage and three cars. Somebody gets banished to live outside. If I kept the Si, we’d have 4 cars and nowhere to put them.

Last edited:
Used Q50/60. Prices are dropping on them and they’re both tune-able and reliable. AMS offers fairly inexpensive packages for 400+whp. Just make sure it’s the 3.0L and not the 3.7L.
Not a fan of them and leather with no ventilated seats.

I was looking at VW Arteon R line. I believe APR has a tune for them and they are already at 270hp. "poormans A5/S5" lol

Damn Canadian wildfires smoking out all of Washington. Look at a map and lower BC looks like all the forests are on fire and then hotboxes us. They need to get their forests under control.
I don't think it's that easy. Lol. You guys got just as bad of a problem. We got a break in the smoke today. Screenshot_20230822-154456.png

That Kamloops fire was sending **** right down into eastern Washington. You could see it on the AQI map when the wind shifted to a northerly wind. We have a couple of small fires here and there but nothing yo battle the biggies in BC.

That Kamloops fire was sending **** right down into eastern Washington. You could see it on the AQI map when the wind shifted to a northerly wind. We have a couple of small fires here and there but nothing yo battle the biggies in BC.
Sorry for the smoke.

Sorry for the smoke.
It's all good. Not like it's your fault or anything. Politicians here and there need to actually think about mitigating fires by allowing debris to be cleared and fire hazards be managed instead of letting giant fires burn incessantly and then complain about it. We see too many sections of forest one year dry and dead, ripe for kindling, then the next year a 100,000 acre fire to blow through that same area and smoke up everything for weeks.

Instead, at least here in the US, the President declares some new land as federally controlled and regulated, which means it can't be developed or maintained anymore for it to turn around a short time later to just burn. Then it's declared an emergency and they throw money at it.

It's all good. Not like it's your fault or anything. Politicians here and there need to actually think about mitigating fires by allowing debris to be cleared and fire hazards be managed instead of letting giant fires burn incessantly and then complain about it. We see too many sections of forest one year dry and dead, ripe for kindling, then the next year a 100,000 acre fire to blow through that same area and smoke up everything for weeks.

Instead, at least here in the US, the President declares some new land as federally controlled and regulated, which means it can't be developed or maintained anymore for it to turn around a short time later to just burn. Then it's declared an emergency and they throw money at it.
I don't really understand how you think you can stop wild fires when it's burning on top of a mountain that's hard to get to??

Last week we left water in the kitchen sink over night. Next morning there was a dead mouse in it. Wife bought rat traps not knowing it but I set them up anyways. The mouse took the cheese without setting then off.

I don't really understand how you think you can stop wild fires when it's burning on top of a mountain that's hard to get to??

Last week we left water in the kitchen sink over night. Next morning there was a dead mouse in it. Wife bought rat traps not knowing it but I set them up anyways. The mouse took the cheese without setting then off.

I'm guessing is the Foo was trying to say that "we" know of potential fire prone areas and nothing is done to try and prevent a fire. Just wait for it to catch on fire and then react to it.

Which is basically how the US government operates on anything and everything they are involved in.

Airplanes... Helicopters... :think:
Yeah. They're using those.
I'm guessing is the Foo was trying to say that "we" know of potential fire prone areas and nothing is done to try and prevent a fire. Just wait for it to catch on fire and then react to it.

Which is basically how the US government operates on anything and everything they are involved in.
How do you prevent a forest fire on a mountain though?

No clue really….but if you can identify dry areas then maybe you can cut a fire line between dry and non dry areas? Do control burns in dry areas?

No clue really….but if you can identify dry areas then maybe you can cut a fire line between dry and non dry areas? Do control burns in dry areas?
But again. How would that work in mountains? Too risky. I don't think wild fires in Canada or us are because of government. Fires are natural. They happen by natural causes as well. If they start it can be controlled by planes and helicopters for sure but it's hard.

Back