Navigation Software Update - Now Available!

jasonandre

mlem
Super Mod
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Alexandria, VA
Vehicle Model
Generation X
Body Style
Dad
2013 Yellow USB Map Update v9.C0

HondaYellow_WEB.jpg

Hit the road with the latest navigation information at your fingertips. With the new Honda 2013 USB Map Update, your direction will be guided by a system that promises optimal performance and identifies new highways, subdivisions, businesses and points of interest. With map coverage that includes the 50 United States and Canada, your Honda will be equipped for travel both near and far.

Compatible with the following vehicles:

Civic 2012
CR-V 2012
Fit 2012
Insight 2012

$149.00 $99.00 until July 15, 2013

http://www.navigation.com/honda

Last edited:
If you travel a lot, & rely on the GPS...a lot can change in a year. A lot.

Having an issue where I enter all my info then click the next step and it doesn't work? after clicking
continue that pink bar that's blank shows up with no explanation on whats wrong? way to go Honda.

DATABASE: 9.A0
SOFTWARE: 1.B0.03
DEVICE: 92740113
VIN: 2HGFG4A58CH102204

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Staff
I had the same problem.
First, don't use Firefox as I could never get it to work; use Internet Explorer instead.
Second, although you will still get the same non-error in IE, when you do get to that second page you've shown, click on "Edit" for the Device Number.
I'm not sure how, but after entering the same information about three times, it eventually only asked me for the Device Number and left out the Database Version field that's causing the problem.

I had the same problem.
First, don't use Firefox as I could never get it to work; use Internet Explorer instead.
Second, although you will still get the same non-error in IE, when you do get to that second page you've shown, click on "Edit" for the Device Number.
I'm not sure how, but after entering the same information about three times, it eventually only asked me for the Device Number and left out the Database Version field that's causing the problem.

So today I had to call the Acura side there number works 1-888-549-3798
The girl said that it's not working cuz there's no update avail. is argued that others have received the update already. She just ignored what I was saying and continued to repeat the same thing that "there's no update blah blah blah" that and the fact there number doesn't work either.

Last edited:
  • Staff
So today I had to call the Acura side there number works 1-888-549-3798
The girl said that it's not working cuz there's no update avail. is argued that others have received the update already. She just ignored what I was saying and continued to repeat the same thing that "there's no update blah blah blah" that and the fact there number doesn't work either. now I really getting pissed off WTF here.
That's interesting considering that mine will be arriving on Thursday and that you have screenshots.
I wish I knew what exactly it was that made mine work, but I just kept repeating the process until it stopped asking me for the VIN and Database Version. In the end, it only asked me for my serial number.

Wonder if Honda will issue a update to our I-MID software as well since both the '12 and '13 are using the same navi just with added features.

Wonder if Honda will issue a update to our I-MID software as well since both the '12 and '13 are using the same navi just with added features.
If they do offer an update, you'll have to get it from the dealership since the i-Mid can only be modified through the OBD diagnostic port. So says CHH anyway.

when updating the map, it updates the units firmware, so the 2012's will get new options.

Last edited:
when updating the map, it updates the units firmware, so the 2012's will get new options like notify if there a txt etc...
How do you know this? Have you already installed it?
None of that was mentioned in the description of the update when purchasing it.

I've had map updates from honda in the past and it purely updated points of interest, new roads, changes to businesses etc.

Well it is USB based this time and not a disc, so who knows, that would be awesome but i'd prefer honda give us fro updates to navs since the 2013's came out

I see no mention of the 2012 civic having a dvd optical drive. Has anyone put a dvd-r of data/music etc in the drive to see if it reads anything?

DO NOT ORDER RIGHT NOW
Pir8pete
I received mine in the mail today and it doesn't work.
Part of the installation process requires a password that is generated from Navteq when ordering the update. Those passwords aren't going out as they should be because of the problem with their website.
After contacting Navteq, they've informed me that they are still working on the issue and that a password will be provided at some later date.
So for now, I'd recommend holding off the purchase until you hear otherwise.

Back