NBA Thread

7whK9It.jpg

Reggie!!!! Looks like I'm gonna have to start rooting for the Clippers.

.... I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Man, Clippers will be a dangerous team next year.

Not sure what they're free agent situation is but if they can acquire one more key player this offseason they really can be.

Brooklyn Nets will be a good team. I hate the Nets. Lol.

If they got Pierce and Garnett from the Celtics.. they would be very tough.

Williams
Johnson
Pierce
Garnett
Lopez

LOL I don't

He's always surround himself with a shady crew. His handlers were a major concern with his college recruitment and word is they made it difficult for many teams during the draft process. Teams couldn't get through to Noel when they wanted to without going through these guys first, who often times weren't very cooperative.

I think it was someone else. lol.

Dead wrong...

2012-2013: 59.9% FG, 44.1 3PT%

He couldn't shoot in 2011-2012 but improved

His jump shot is by far the biggest weakness of his game. His 3 pt% is respectable only because he was smart about the shot. The vast majority of his jump shots made were wide open catch and shoot shots. He can not hit a pull up jumper. His athleticism saved him in college and allowed him to get a lot of easy open looks. That won't be the case in the NBA.

I'm a firm believer that you don't draft a defensive stopper (wing) as a top pick in the draft. The good thing is, you can learn to shoot the ball. You can't learn work ethic or athleticism and Victor has both of those attributes.

I think Oladipo will be a solid NBA player but a star? I don't see it at all, and with the number 2 pick that is what you're aiming for.

His jump shot is by far the biggest weakness of his game. His 3 pt% is respectable only because he was smart about the shot. The vast majority of his jump shots made were wide open catch and shoot shots. He can not hit a pull up jumper. His athleticism saved him in college and allowed him to get a lot of easy open looks. That won't be the case in the NBA.

I'm a firm believer that you don't draft a defensive stopper (wing) as a top pick in the draft. The good thing is, you can learn to shoot the ball. You can't learn work ethic or athleticism and Victor has both of those attributes.

I think Oladipo will be a solid NBA player but a star? I don't see it at all, and with the number 2 pick that is what you're aiming for.
I don't think it will be too much of a problem. He is smart enough to drive to the basket, which he is great at, if he isn't confident with a 3 pointer while being guarded. Creates his own shot for layups and dunks and is a set shooter from 3. That's okay with me, most great 3 point shooters are the ones who often find themselves wide open. Chucking 3's while being guarded isn't smart basketball anyway, the point is to be pretty open. Being good at getting open and shot selection are probably half of the criteria of a great 3pt shooter. Knocking down the open shot consistently is more important to me, and it's even better when the player knows his limit and passes or drives if he's too heavily guarded to shoot.

Back