Need Help With Harness Wires for 2012 Si With Premium Audio

Okay, so I am now clear on all but the orange wires. The rest have been cleared up by some tedious sleuthing.

So it comes down to whether or not I connect the dimmer or illumination wire to the Pioneer harness.

sorry got held up at work ...if the metra has an orange connect illumination but somtimes on after markets they dont even work properly so i just cap both

pls excuse the sloppyness im at work and had to do this on a quick note lol

what ever is green you cap

pink you connect and just match all colors together red with red yellow with yellow etc.

now on remotes (Blue) both wires do the same thing one has a white stripe just to let you know which is which so solid blue connect to blue on the metra harness because thats your factory amp turn on

and if i were you just in case connect a longer blue wire to the other blue and cap it but run it under the driver carpet and connect an rca wire to the pioneer and cap it and hide it under the passenger carpet

that way if you ever decide to go bigger with the system rca and amp remote is hidin under the carpets right where you need them and never have to go behind the radio again ..

wouldnt hurt to run audio/video rca's too just in case you wanna add a game console later on

pls excuse the sloppyness im at work and had to do this on a quick note lol

what ever is green you cap

pink you connect and just match all colors together red with red yellow with yellow etc.

now on remotes (Blue) both wires do the same thing one has a white stripe just to let you know which is which so solid blue connect to blue on the metra harness because thats your factory amp turn on

and if i were you just in case connect a longer blue wire to the other blue and cap it but run it under the driver carpet and connect an rca wire to the pioneer and cap it and hide it under the passenger carpet

that way if you ever decide to go bigger with the system rca and amp remote is hidin under the carpets right where you need them and never have to go behind the radio again ..

Thanks for the help! I think I am good now. :dance:

I am probably going to run everything for an amp at this point for a future project (read: when I decide to spend more money). I cannot connect any RCAs to the head unit, though. It uses five of the preouts already for the factory amp.

As far as the video in goes, I am a step ahead of you. I already have an HDMI to composite converter. The plan is to use it for my phone. Mainly for Google Maps, but it could definitely be used for other inputs.

I am also going to wire run the aux wire from the head unit into the stock aux port (some modification may be needed). Still debating on what to do about the USB input. Mainly, where do I want the access.

On top of adding a backup cam, replacing the rear speakers, and a failed attempt at replacing the sub, this is one monster of a project.

9thgizzyguy

Thanks for the diagram. It is a big help!

I just got done soldering most of my wires together. I am just waiting on a response from someone at MicroBypass to make sure the amp turn on wires won't cause interference with their harness.

At his suggestion, I should be connecting the antenna wire (blue) with the red wires. Otherwise, it will cause interference with the bypass.

That leaves me with connecting a wire from the bypass to the blue/white wire from the Pioneer harness, which also has to be connected to the blue/white wire from the Metra harness in order to turn the amp on. Plus, I will be attaching an additional remote wire in order to run it to a sub amp at a later time.

Good to here im glad its finishing up and no problem just tryin to make your process go by quicker and yeah it did turn into some project bro lol but its unbelievable how to acess the rear speakers all the rear panels need to be removed ! Thats insane !!!!! But all in all keep us informed on the finished product ok im sure it'll come out sick !:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I am probably going to run the amp power wire, too. I have read that the power wire for the amp should be ran away from the speaker wires to avoid potential interference. Is there any truth in this? If so, that would mean tearing apart the passenger side panels too...

Yes power and remote runs on drivers side and rca on passenger beacause if you run all on one side it can cause a nasty humming sound which you really wont like lol ... And no bro the wires just need to be tuck no need to remove more panels than you should ... If you have a panel puller it will come in handy just for that put puller under panel slightly push down which gives a space to tuck wires in dont push down to hard tho you dont wanna bend and warp the plastic .

I already have the camera feed on the driver's side, so I would probably run the power wires on the passenger side then. Would the bundle of stock wire cause any interference with the RCAs?

No those wires are very low consumtion just for lights and stuff just make sure you dont go cheap with that rca and it just needs to be as far away from the powere wire as posible because that is what will cause the humming through your speakers

Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks for all the info!

If I decide to run multiple amps (one for the sub and one for the other speakers), would I be able to splice the power cable or do I need to run separates? If I install an amp for the interior speakers, I would install it under a seat. The amp for the sub would obviously be in the trunk.

Last edited:
I think it would be better to put both amps in the trunk that way you dont have to worry about either one heating up on you then going under protection which they shut off on their own untill it cools off .....that way at the end of the power wire use 2 distribution blocks to split feed your power wire and the same for your ground wires .

Then later you just need to run speaker wires to the back and nothin else .

Last edited:
Under the seat youll have to split remote power ground and speaker wires lol
Then unbolt the seat bracket to run underneith ........its just a head ache and makes the process longer and harder lol

Plus if somthing ever goes wrong its in the trunk and easy acess not unbolting your seat and stuff

Last edited:
Back to the harness for for a minute...do you seen any problem connecting the antenna wire to the red wires?

Back