squiggy

Cartographer
VIP Member
Michiana
Vehicle Model
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Body Style
Convertible
Help would be greatly appreciated from anyone that has knowledge of wiring radios.

Blue/White wires:

Metra Harness - Amp Turn On
Metra Antenna Harness - Power Antenna
Pioneer Harness - System Remote Control

What do I with any of these blue/white wires?

Orange wires:

Metra Harness
-Orange and white - Dimmer
-Orange - Illumination
Pioneer Harness -
-Wire is Orange and White

I assume I connect the Illumination wire and cap the Dimmer wire?

Yellow/Black wire:

Pioneer Harness - Mute

Do I just cap this one, too?

Last edited:

Not anything that is overwhelmingly clear, but thank you for pointing out a member that I can tag!

Although, on a second look, it appears as if the blue/white from the Pioneer harness and Metra harness should be connected due to noticing a specification that the antenna is amplified. However, do I just cap the blue/white Amp Turn On wire on the Metra harness?

immajackuup

According to the diagrams, 8P the Metra Harness, only appears to have the pins for E5 and E7, Outputs Sound Signal for Subwoofer is the description for both pins. The pins for shielding and Outputs for Stereo Amplifier Mute Signal are not part of the Metra Harness.

Last edited:
Hopefully a knowledgeable stereo person can offer assistance. I don't want to give you the wrong info.

40 views so far and not a single person with Car Audio expertise. :(

after market radio ?
and are you running an amp ?

Last edited:
after market radio ?
and are you running an amp ?

Pioneer Head Unit
Metra harness for premium audio
No amp
And to complicate things I have a parking brake bypass that needs wired (this bit of info was not included in the first post)

Last edited:
parking is two wires right ? so you can watch dvds ? which only lets you watch while parked which you want bypast am i correct ? to watch while driving ?

1 wire or 2 ?

Last edited:
Looks like Schwegs89 installed a similar unit. Maybe he can offer some insight?

ok see what he comes up with but at the mean time im drawing out a diagram of the harness of the pioneer and of the metra harness and will tell you what to connect and what to cap ok ...hopfully this will help you on your journey alil

parking is two wires right ? so you can watch dvds ? which only lets you watch while parked which you want bypast am i correct ? to watch while driving ?

1 wire or 2 ?

Parking bypass is three wires, black, green, blue. Green taps the light green parking wire off the Head unit harness. Black taps black. Blue actually taps into the blue white wire and at the suggestion of MicroBypass I should connect the blue/white wire from the antenna to the red wire. Otherwise, it will cause interference with the bypass.

I am pretty sure I should cap the dimmer (orange/white) wire from the Metra harness and use the illumination wire to connect to the Pioneer harness.

I am also pretty sure I simply cap the mute (yellow/black) wire from the Pioneer harness.

Not sure what to do with the Amp Turn on (blue/white) wire from the Metra harness.

Last edited:

1 wire or 2 ?

As an FYI for others. Similar to Honda factory navigation, Pioneer units will lock out more than just DVD watching capabilities while the car is moving. My wife is actually quite upset that the software for the navigation in her new Insight prevents her from doing a lot of stuff she could do before. She went from a 2010 to a 2013, btw.

or you can do the 2 switch set up which is what i usually do for people .......1 momentary push button and 1 toggle .
the momentary acts as the brake peddle and the toggle acts as the parking brake so when you wanna watch a dvd insert the dvd or choose source to dvd then when the saftey screen turns on push and hold momentary switch at the same time flip toggle then flip back and screen turns right on ..
that way is you ever get pulled over and the officer asks if you were watchin tv and asks to turn it on the safety screen comes on and your good !
do it your way and once you turn on the car its an auto bypass and no safety screen pops up then its ticket time lol

or you can do the 2 switch set up which is what i usually do for people .......1 momentary push button and 1 toggle .
the momentary acts as the brake peddle and the toggle acts as the parking brake so when you wanna watch a dvd insert the dvd or choose source to dvd then when the saftey screen turns on push and hold momentary switch at the same time flip toggle then flip back and screen turns right on ..
that way is you ever get pulled over and the officer asks if you were watchin tv and asks to turn it on the safety screen comes on and your good !
do it your way and once you turn on the car its an auto bypass and no safety screen pops up then its ticket time lol

I am by no means worried about being pulled over for it. I would never have video on if I was the only person in the car. Easy enough to have the passenger turn off otherwise.

Back