Nomarz finally decided on a car!

Mine would shut all the lights including headlights off when i turned my brights on. It would all just flicker then come back on. Thats when I took off my HIDs and it has still done it a couple of times. I'm not sure whats going on with mine.

May be totally off, but look at your front turn signal bulbs on each headlight. I had one turn bulb that went out and it did what you're describing. Replaced the bulb and the dash stuff worked again.

That would be pretty crazy/dumb but I will look.

Bjorne was the one who mentioned it to me. Low and behold it was that. It was like the bulb was not 100% blown...and the wire in the bulb was touching every now and then shorting out

Blinkers seem to work right. My issue only happens in the early morning hours. Nothing tonight and I drove around for quite a bit tonight.

Talked to the ET about the Mini....def gave me some good info. If I have some time I might swing by and check it out tomorrow.

My blinkers worked too. It was when I would switch to highs sometimes everything would go out.

Webby, was it just your front signals or all of them. I am still having problems with my car. Battery checked fine and had two different things said about my alternator. Guy at autozone checked it and it only had 0.96V but checked it at work with a volt meter and it checked fine 12-14V. No clue whats going on.

it was a front turn signal bulb. Two of the wires would randomly touch in the bulb, and it kept taking the interior lighting out.

I believe it was the 7440 bulb on the car, or something like pictured below. Only one had failed, and I didn't know it.

b058ddb7932ce18b362d487dd1cddbee_image_550x550.jpg

I haven't had the issue in some time. The morning temos are slightly higher but I am also putting the car in a garage again. When the issue was heppening the car was out in the elements all night.

Sorry to have jacked your thread, mine has done it about 6 or 7 times in a couple of weeks most recent being 2 days ago. Took it to an auto electrical place and they said they have no idea and won't be able to tell until it gets worse. They did say that it could be the ignition, since last time it happened i could turn the wheel left or right and it would do it again.

if you move your turn signal from left to right do you get any change?

indecision continues.....lol

Maybe by the end of the month I will know an exact budget I will have for a car. Moved into a new place recently and want to see what the bill sare going to be like and I got a little bump in pay too.

In the mean time I keep looking and find some interesting choices.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rds=25&cardist=14&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

Priced decently....$500 less and it would be at retail price according to Nada.com without all the goodies (APR chip, rims, drop, R front bumper) Def will forward this to my cousins as they are Vdubbers, lol. I emailed the guy and when he replied back his signature had some tuner shop info....guess he works there.

I don't know enough about the GLI to give much feedback.

I don't know why, but I just can't see you in that,.. 1st gen tsx maybe, but not the 2nd gen. It just seems like such a big car.. you think the fun factor would be there?

Back