Official Computer Talk Thread

You will also need Windows operating system which is not cheap. That video card is good, but you won't play future games on max settings. I have GTX 980 and can't play Rainbow 6 Siege having everything on Ultra settings. Your best bet would be getting something from AMD

DOes anyone know if Nvidia is going to release anything new this year? I might use some of my Tax Return $ to upgrade RAM and maybe purchase 980Ti

I believe it's a step up from the g35. I'm going to snag a pair tonight. I'll let you know how I like them.

RGB lightning..... Whoopie...

The video card and processor price will basically determine your build. There are gaming video cards can push your budget alone.

Yeah my CPU was $250 (before discount) and my GPU was $300 range.

I want to try water cooling, but this will probably happen in the next PC build

I have had the Corsair CLC for years now (h100i and now h100i GTX)

It's really not hard. The corsair kits come pre assembled and filled. All you have to do is attach it to the cpu and hook up the fan. They basically bolt right in. 30min tops for install.

^ This. :woot:

Not sure how everyone else feels about seagate hard drives, but I've personally had 2 tank on me and a few from various friends I know.

Don't know how I feel? I guess I haven't bitched enough in here about Seagate hard drives. Maybe I do it on another forum.. :/

Seagate sucks dick!

RGB lightning..... Whoopie...

Well picked them up on Wednesday. Great sound quality as far as I am concerned. The lighting wasn't a selling point for me. It was more like it was the only headset available in the area that I could go look at before I bought. They did not have any g35s in stock. Overall happy with my purchase so far.

Don't know how I feel? I guess I haven't bitched enough in here about Seagate hard drives. Maybe I do it on another forum.. :/

Seagate sucks dick!

That seems to be the consensus among most of my friends that do PCs. Statistically all hard drives will fail at some point it just seems far far more frequent with Seagate products for home use.

SSD is $$$$

Negative.

You can get a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO for like $90. That's cheap! Put your main games (I don't have many) on the SSD and the rest on a HDD (Non-Seagate).

I have a 960GB SSD that I paid around $150-$175 for :thumbsup:

Still need to get all my files organized since they are spread across 3 drives and then I can get a SSD for just windows and maybe a few games. graphics card will probably come first though cause its beginning to become outdated and not able to play some stuff on high settings.

I have OS on SSD and games on regular HD.
OS on 120GB SSD
Games/Programs on 960GB SSD

[emoji106]

I previously had it setup like this:

OS on 120GB (Samsung) SSD
BF4 and a few other games on 120GB (OCZ) SSD
Random games I don't play often on 250GB HDD

I want to upgrade the graphics card in my laptop, but what's the best/cheapest site to order from?

I want to upgrade the graphics card in my laptop, but what's the best/cheapest site to order from?
hate to say this but the cards in laptops are usually integrated into the laptop and non removable/upgradeable. what kind of laptop is it?

hate to say this but the cards in laptops are usually integrated into the laptop and non removable/upgradeable. what kind of laptop is it?

^this. Essentially a part of the motherboard in most cases.
It's an Alienware M17x :) everything is easily accessible and upgradeable. I got lucky that mine was one of the last models that has this capability (it's about 3 years old now) the newer ones have all the components soldered into the motherboard.

Back