Official Computer Talk Thread

very cool. It doesn't look bad to do either -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVdxBnGMXGQ

I'd probably look through ebay to see if anyone has the part for sale. Sometimes you can find crazy part deals there. newegg, & amazon usually come through if ebay doesn't

Same youtube video i found lol

And yea i saw them on ebay, but it's hard for me to trust ebay with big ticket items.
I'll keep looking, this wont be very soon anyways, just something i was looking into.

just look at their rating/feedback/return policy etc. Someone who's got like 1000 transactions with 100% feedback shouldn't be a concern.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nvidia-GeFo...ienware-upgrademonkey-Promotion-/261886085747
This one was one of the first that popped up for me. No idea how it compares with price on other sellers, but I'm just saying I wouldn't be afraid to purchase from them.

I've yet to have really any bad experiences on ebay. As long as I review their feedback, and they accept paypal.... you really shouldn't run into issues. Most sellers don't want negative transactions tarnishing their profile over $500.

It's back.......... :mad:

20160119_203652_zps42fp2acg.jpg

Told you to update your BIOS and remove your GTX to make sure it's not the graphics card fault. No clue why you are not listening.:shady::confused:

Thanks.

* Bios updated already to latest version
* Set BIOS settings to default already
* Ran MemTest (standalone program and one built into Windows 7) - both passed. MemTest ran overnight and during work with 15 tests and all passed.
* Have 16GB so don't need to add more lol

I'm going to put the other memory I have in later tonight. Crucial 16GB DDR3 1600.
Told you to update your BIOS and remove your GTX to make sure it's not the graphics card fault. No clue why you are not listening.:shady::confused:
Bios is updated.

But how am I suppose to play games without my GTX 970? :sad: lol

CPU could probably handle BF4 at low settings.

So here's one for you guys. I have a Logitech g105 keyboard with the led display in it. Recently the display has been staying lit even when the computer is shut down. No other issues just stays lit and annoys me cause it make me think my computer is on when it's not.

a lot will probably keep 10 once it installs & have no clue what's going on. On the other side -

Officials did concede that users with automatic updates enabled might see the Windows 10 upgrade automatically initiate on their devices. But they said that users would not be fully moved to Windows 10 unless they proactively chose to do so. And if anyone does move -- intentionally or inadvertently -- to Windows 10 and are unhappy with it, they have 31 days to roll back to their previous Windows versions.

I've been using Windows Server 2012 at work which is more like Win 8 so I put Win 10 on one of my computers at home. It's not great but it's way better than whatever Win 8 was.

I've been using Win10 since it came out and no issues so far.

Edit: Actually my RAM usage was at 100% when at idle, but new update fixed that.

Also with Win10 you get a lot of pointless apps that had to be manually disabled.

Back