Official Computer Talk Thread

Reason for the h100i V2?

I have the H100i in my current machine but recently broke the power connector on the block, so if I move the cable, I lose power. Just get a new one, which happens to be the V2.

I have the H100i in my current machine but recently broke the power connector on the block, so if I move the cable, I lose power. Just get a new one, which happens to be the V2.

Oh gotcha.

I had the H100i GTX (it was in between the h100i and h100i V2).

Black outside, and white interior with white LED fans.

Damn scope creep has me to $800 in components.

Fractal makes some great cases! I have the Fractal Design Define R5 (windowless).

The Node has been out for a bit and is compact :thumbsup:

51VMBE8DM3L._SL1000_.jpg

^ that's how I fell into a rabbit hole and looked down that path. This will end up being interesting and you guys may only find out the specs once i actually do this.

Kept me up until too late last night.

...and now I'm specifying a machine that the ONLY items that come over are two fans, the two SSD, and graphics card...

DAMMIT! Back over $1000!

Do I even bother dragging the 2.5" SSDs over or do I just replace them with the M.2 SSDs. I can do those AND the two 2.5" SSDs and have 2 TB of solid storage.

Squee. And there it goes....F*** IT. FULL REBUILD!

Going full retard. $1500.

Fractal-Design Node 202 mini-ITX case
Intel i5-7600K CPU
Cryorig C7 CPU cooler
32 GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM (2-16 GB dimms) <--- 16 would be just fine. SPEND ALL MY MONEY!
2 x 512 GB Black Western Digital M.2 SDD <--- because why the hell not? SPEND ALL MY MONEY! Do I dare do a RAID 0 on these bad boys and let that striping just bump my RW speeds f*ck that's fast? Uh, yeah.
500 GB Samsung SSD <-- booter
Corsair SX600 power supply (SFX for small case)
ASUS Strix Z270 mini-ITX motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GPU <--- coming over from old rig. ALREADY SPENT IT ALL. TAKE MORE!
2x 120mm Corsair fans <--- coming over from old rig to help cool GPU
Windows 10 Home <---still need an OS

Last edited:
Back