Official Computer Talk Thread

Well crap. Wonder if it's a DDR4 2400 problem. There are BIOS updates that I need to get. There's info out there that the advertised features aren't necessarily working and you need to update the BIOS (latest from 4/14). I'm going to try to flash that but I'm not sure that'll work since it still fails POST. Plan of attack for tomorrow night, I guess.

Well. Still trying. Getting some Crucial 2133 RAM tomorrow. So far, nothing's worked. Can't flash the BIOS without it going through POST.

Returns are processed, labels are printed, gotta run to UPS store and return the extra stuff it took to diagnose this stupid thing.

I said I wouldn't overclock it. Well, that didn't last long...

Only a mild shot to 4 GHz (Turbo: 4.6 GHz) because of the air cooling and the small case.

:eek:

wejv23ql27vy.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDuVQHhTU1g&feature=youtu.be

My i5-7600k overclocked to 4.6 GHz on air cooling only gets to the mid-60s under load in a tiny case. I'm not that aggressive though.

See AMD's stock dropped a good bit?
It's all projections, but analysts wrote negative things about amd stock prices which hurt it a bit.

The analyst said AMD shares are still "priced for perfection" at 33 times his 2019 estimated earnings per share, and he "recommends investors stay cautious."

Okay. Got the RAM part of my computer build figured out and fixed: 16GB of Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3000.

Amazon and Newegg processed the returns for the other RAM and motherboard. Woot! System is up and running, stable, and fast as hell.

PS - Newegg returns are rough. It was nice that they had no tax but their restocking fees and other all the other hoops you've got to jump through to get a part fixed is a pain in the butt.

Back