Official Quickest Quarter Mile Times

Went to the track this weekend and went 15.92@88 I thought it would do better than that. My shifts were good but my launch's were crappy.

I found my best times on my 8th gen launching low when i was on street tires, like 3k rpm i'd start spinning. ran 15.0 consistantly at a 2700ish launch

I'll definitely go again. I am on a mission to get the car to launch better! I was trying to many things at once, next time I go I am going to take it slow, make a pass and adjust from there.

I'll definitely go again. I am on a mission to get the car to launch better! I was trying to many things at once, next time I go I am going to take it slow, make a pass and adjust from there.
what was the PSI on street tires ?

try bringing it down to like 20-27 psi for the track

I just ran them at normal psi. I didnt have a problem spinning, it was basically bogging. Almost felt like when I let the clutch out it wasn't dis engaging, sounded like I was riding the clutch. It only has 3800 miles on it not sure why it would do that but like I said, I think its just a matter of more seat time.

I just ran them at normal psi. I didnt have a problem spinning, it was basically bogging. Almost felt like when I let the clutch out it wasn't dis engaging, sounded like I was riding the clutch. It only has 3800 miles on it not sure why it would do that but like I said, I think its just a matter of more seat time.

if your bogging either ease out at a higher RPM or inflate the tires some more

This was the best pass of the day with the exception of the MPH, It went 89.52 on another pass.

60' - 2.33
330' - 6.74
1/8 - 10.31
1000' - 13.36
1/4 - 15.94
MPH - 87.92

This was the best pass of the day with the exception of the MPH, It went 89.52 on another pass.

60' - 2.33
330' - 6.74
1/8 - 10.31
1000' - 13.36
1/4 - 15.94
MPH - 87.92

can you recall Launch RPM ?

and whether you eased out or closer to just dropping the clutch?

I eased out the clutch, not sure on launch RPM. I was basically feathering the throttle, like I was on the street.

You should more be feathering clutch than gas only feather gas if your spinning

Explaining in text is difficult! I was feathering the gas waiting for the light to go. Once I was ready to go I eased the clutch out and hammered the throttle. I'll try to record the run with my camera next time to see what I am doing.

edmunds: 15.1-second quarter-mile at 93.1 mph
road and track: 15.0 sec @ 95.3 mph
most close to that ^

car and driver: 14.7 seconds at 97 mph
motortrend: 14.8 seconds at 95.3 mph

so at what rpm is the best to launch on stock tires at stock psi for street racing?? Theres a street race usually every month and I havent went out yet to race but want to know. Also why do you burn out the tires before you start?

Back