Official Quickest Quarter Mile Times

You burn out the tires to warm them up to provide optimal grip. Best launch is different based off every car typically on the street stock inflation is usually the best around 27-35

California Law -

What Happens if I Speed Race?
The following are some of the penalties you can face if you street race:
  • Be arrested and have your vehicle impounded for 30 days.
  • Be imprisoned for up to three months if convicted of street racing, or aiding or abetting a street race.
  • Be fined for up to $1,000.
  • Have your driver license revoked.
  • Have your vehicle's insurance canceled or premiums dramatically increased.
  • Have equipment violations issued.
NOTE: Spectators are also subject to the same penalties.

california also imposes crushing of street racing vehicles

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9usA2SQ

this one was like a month ago - lexus is-f

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFEtciCveUw

don't go out there... take it to the track

Definitely advise against street racing thought you were speaking about street tires launching on them typically they require more air for less friction/resistance as the amount of grip you gain is not worth the added friction/resistance

I remember a guy on 8th ran pretty high trap speeds with like 45psi at the track. Everyone there was amazed, because they had all been dropping their psi way down.

I have no intentions of street racing. I was trying to see how fast it was and if I could drive good enough to get it there. Its only $35 to race without looking in your rear view for flashing lights. A burnout with street tires cant hurt, I personally dont. However, at the track, going through the water box with street tires is a bad idea. If you have street tires and go through the water, it gets in the tread of your tires, then when you pull up and are sitting at the light the water makes its way down to the ground and you end up spinning the tires. I see this way too often, my best advice for a burnout with street tires is to avoid the water box completely.

I have no intentions of street racing. I was trying to see how fast it was and if I could drive good enough to get it there. Its only $35 to race without looking in your rear view for flashing lights. A burnout with street tires cant hurt, I personally dont. However, at the track, going through the water box with street tires is a bad idea. If you have street tires and go through the water, it gets in the tread of your tires, then when you pull up and are sitting at the light the water makes its way down to the ground and you end up spinning the tires. I see this way too often, my best advice for a burnout with street tires is to avoid the water box completely.
definitely should avoid water box with street tires. Heating up street tires to optimum temp is typically tedious as it requires several burn outs or one long extended one. But again optimum temp for street tires still does not gain THAT much traction. Stickier tires would require more heating (burnout)

I don't really mind seeing some riced out Civic that's already been ruined being crushed, but a ******* 2011 IS-F? Come the **** on. What the hell did that prove? NOBODY learned any lessons from that happening. A nice car got crushed, that's it. California is so full of complete idiots. I hated living out there.

info was straight from the .gov dmv site for California. Says nothing about repeat offenses

I would sue and consider this cruel and unusual punishment

Tax dollars go toward building parks and basketball courts to "keep inner city kids away from drugs and violence." If street racing kills people, but people are going to do it anyway, why not build a ******* park for it with tax dollars?! Street racing has been a part of our culture since well before the automobile was even invented. Arresting people and crushing cars is not even putting a band aid on the problem. It's just like our federal government (and California's government) to throw large sums of money at arresting people rather than finding actual solutions to the problems at hand. Street racing in and of itself is perfectly fine. Driving like a maniac when other cars around and people on sidewalks that have absolutely nothing to do with it are getting injured or even killed in an accident is the problem. Build a public drag strip: doesn't need a christmas tree or anything, just flat and level asphalt, a starting line and a finish line. Build it in a location which is safely away from the public and have law enforcement add it to their rounds. Then, impose strict penalties against PEOPLE rather than CARS if they're caught racing on the street and endangering the lives of innocent bystanders. BAM I just solved the ******* problem.

My stock '12 sedan ran 9.5 @ 74.68 MPH in the 1/8. Not sure what that equates to in the 1/4, no pic of timeslip yet. My clutch wouldn't let me launch at 5k like I tried to do. I think its got a 9.3-9.4 in it.

Member here - 14.8
Car and driver - 14.7

Best I've seen stock so far.

Back