Photos Official retrofit thread (pics and specs)

Yep. All that. Mine were done by Bjorn himself from Customlightz. Talk to them about whatever options you want & they can make it happen. My blues are on a separate switch. Im on total cop lookout whenever I have them on. i havent had any trouble yet though.

They have lots of color options in CCFL rings and LED strips or singles. The cost is actually not that bad.

I met up with Bjorn on Long Island when he was there one weekend and he did the install for me. Once I saw it done it really isnt that bad. I had to take one out and get something fixed so I did the removal and reinstall myself.

There are a few forum members who are pretty darn good with retrofitting. If you guys are in the same area it might be worth looking them up for help with the install if you are unsure of doing it yourself. I believe Joon Joon is pretty good with these.

cutting depends on what projectors you use, if you use something like the mini h1s, its just bolt it in, if you use projectors from another car then you will probably have to do some cutting and fitting to get it sitting right.
I have retrofitted two 9th gens and haven't figured out a way to get the Mini H1s in there without some minor Dremel trimming. Just putting that out there in case people were thinking it is just a bolt-in job: from my experience, it's not.

I trimmed the plastic that holds the factory bulb. The nut for the projector could not fit if I didn't.

Last edited:
No, the part that's molded into the back of the reflector where the stock bulb goes. It's not black from my recollection. The area where the threaded part of the mini h1 comes through the back of the stock reflector, the nut will not thread on without trimming the little bracket-kinda-thingies that hold in the stock bulb.

DSC_0002_zpsf82e1401.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsc0577a78.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsc214bf95.jpg

DSC_0035-2_zps43d2f90c.jpg

DSC_0079_zpsc5f38ff4.jpg

DSC_0042_zpsc8b02a8d.jpg

this was taken by the function/form guys
856323_415614565195683_1083200340_o.jpg

Was anything done to the amber reflector? Looks a little darker than normal.

Back