Official Si 1/4 mile thread

I just noticed if I work on my reaction I can get easily into the high 14s :) pretty cool.
Most systems don't start time until you move. You could have sat at the green light for 5 seconds and gotten the same time. Biggest improvement in the quarter will come from your 60 foot times.

Also note that a .500 is a perfect reaction time. If you go under that it means you went early and you lose the race...

This ^ isn't true. A perfect reaction time is .000. You want to start to leave the line (in a slow car) just before the light turns green. And I mean JUST BEFORE. LOL. it takes a lot of practice to get it right.

Reaction time plays no part in your et. Its your 60 foot that makes the biggest difference. for the stock 2012 Si I believe anything under a 2.10 60' is decent but anything lower is always better.

This ^ isn't true. A perfect reaction time is .000. You want to start to leave the line (in a slow car) just before the light turns green. And I mean JUST BEFORE. LOL. it takes a lot of practice to get it right.

Reaction time plays no part in your et. Its your 60 foot that makes the biggest difference. for the stock 2012 Si I believe anything under a 2.10 60' is decent but anything lower is always better.

Every track I've seen .500 is perfect. This site has an explanation: http://www.masondixondragway.com/racing.htm

So if I work on my 60' I could get a better time because I don't want to mod my car until I start getting at least 15 flat I already got cash saved but I want to see some improvement on my time. Anybody got tips?

Well can you please explain I know track prep also helps and weather conditions
Bulkybear already explained it in previous comments.

On another note, I managed to get a 14.4 like I am now. Reflash and intake tube only on the stock all seasons. I'm pretty happy with that. At my track .500 is perfect RT. My personal best is a .502 :)

Bulkybear already explained it in previous comments.

On another note, I managed to get a 14.4 like I am now. Reflash and intake tube only on the stock all seasons. I'm pretty happy with that. At my track .500 is perfect RT. My personal best is a .502 :)
That's really good I wish I could get 14s lol I'm sure I'll get it eventually

2013 civic Si sedan
Mods I had with this run:
Skunk 2 Cai
Weight reduction:
Spare tire removal

15.4 @88.01
image.jpg

2013 civic Si sedan
Mods I had with this run:
Skunk 2 Cai
Weight reduction:
Spare tire removal

15.4 @88.01
View attachment 43543
Pretty good run. It has more in it for sure. Do you have flashpro? And what were you launching at? Your 60ft could be a little lower which would bet you a little better time. Just trying to help you out

Pretty good run. It has more in it for sure. Do you have flashpro? And what were you launching at? Your 60ft could be a little lower which would bet you a little better time. Just trying to help you out
Thanks ! I like all feedback to help me get better! Too be honest I don't remember where I was exactly launching at as that was my first time at the track ever ! Lol had to be somewhere around 2-4k rpm. And no I disn't have flashpro.

Thanks ! I like all feedback to help me get better! Too be honest I don't remember where I was exactly launching at as that was my first time at the track ever ! Lol had to be somewhere around 2-4k rpm. And no I disn't have flashpro.

Well not having flash pro and running that big intake is actually hurtin you. You need flash pro now and try lowering your tire pressure and launch around 2800-3500 and slip the clutch and that should net you better 60ft times which will help you net you better ET and your trap speed will be a little better but not much you car is dying because of the huge air volume it is bring in without a tune.

Well not having flash pro and running that big intake is actually hurtin you. You need flash pro now and try lowering your tire pressure and launch around 2800-3500 and slip the clutch and that should net you better 60ft times which will help you net you better ET and your trap speed will be a little better but not much you car is dying because of the huge air volume it is bring in without a tune.
Ohh yeah I know, I'm getting my flashpro soon and going through vit for the tune.

Back