Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

IMG_20140715_155245166_zpsrocmajlx.jpg

IMG_20140715_180405766_zpsfguzxgg6.jpg

Thanks. It's not fully on yet. I still need to get a better usb wire connection for the tablet to sit perfectly before I put the metal backing plate on.

Some cheapo one from Newegg. Its a 7" which fits perfectly.

changed the door checker on my rear drivers side door, the car no longer groans and creaks as you open and close the door

DSCN7067.jpg

changed the door checker on my rear drivers side door, the car no longer groans and creaks as you open and close the door

DSCN7067.jpg
Nice. How hard was it to replace that?

it was actually really simple, made it a little harder working on a steep driveway. Worst part was i tore the door liner a little bit and had to patch it with duct tape.

What are you planning to run on the tablet? nav only or your whole info-tainment setup?

Just for a music player. My iPod is getting old and I wanted a better setup with a larger screen. I do want to get a Parrot Asteroid later on.

you do know im still selling that avic z140 :eyebrows:

I want a head unit to be android based though. And the Parrot is the best one. I'm surprised u still have your system.

im kinda surprised i have it still too, the parrot unit looks interesting, might have considered going that route when i got the z if it was out at the time

Installed the shifter bushings. They had been laying around for quite awhile. Maybe it's because I already had the BC SS and HR Base Bushings already installed, but I honestly can't feel a difference between the oem cable bushings and these.

Edit: yes I put in the HR clips lol. After I took the pic I was like hmm.. I put in the wrong clips.

hymugera.jpg

What are you planning to run on the tablet? nav only or your whole info-tainment setup?

Just for a music player. My iPod is getting old and I wanted a better setup with a larger screen. I do want to get a Parrot Asteroid later on.
Doesn't Android Google Maps let you download a huge chunk of the area so you can use it offline?

Doesn't Android Google Maps let you download a huge chunk of the area so you can use it offline?
It depends if the device has a GPS compatibility. The Parrot does which is convenient.

Installed the shifter bushings. They had been laying around for quite awhile. Maybe it's because I already had the BC SS and HR Base Bushings already installed, but I honestly can't feel a difference between the oem cable bushings and these.

Edit: yes I put in the HR clips lol. After I took the pic I was like hmm.. I put in the wrong clips.

hymugera.jpg
Cable bushings are one of the must haves.

Back