Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

With the nice hot weather coming up, the OZ Alleggeritas and Pilot Super Sports are back on.
IMG_6023_zpsqv8p8kdr.jpg

I bought an engine stand to start checking out how my 'spare' K20Z3 from my 8th Gen looks. Been searching used cars and there is a Fiji Blue Pearl SI that may become mine.
My kids will just have to learn to drive a stick shift. Cost is right, car is crazy stock, and I love my 9th but need another revv'er back in the stable. And I have a lot of spare parts.

Took a 15 minute drive over to Ksport's building in Gilbert and made a poor financial decision.

Ksport Coilovers Box.jpg

Hopefully I'll have a chance to install them sometime during the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to finally getting rid of that stock wheel gap.

Woke up bright and early this morning to start putting my coilovers on, took about 6 hours to get everything bolted in and adjusted to a height that I was happy with.

Minus a few scary noises that were most likely things just settling while rolling out of the garage, it seems like everything was installed correctly, the ride quality is also surprising nice.

Coilover Install (1).jpg Coilover Install (2).jpg Coilover Install (3).jpg Coilovers Installed (1).jpg Coilovers Installed (2).jpg

I was planning on taking a lot more pictures, but it was already 100+ degrees outside before I was even halfway done...

Installed SPC camber arms which have been sitting in my garage for a year or two.
I didn't bother to take off the muffler for the passenger side (would've needed a blowtorch or a miracle).
The bolt closest to the rear, I was able to shimmy out with a million or so 45 degree angle turns of a wrench. Still think I would recommend this rather than trying to take off the muffler.
The one closer to the front, i could get with a ratchet no problem.
Gonna take it for an alignment this weekend hopefully, after putting on the front camber bolts as well.

Just got back from Honda. They did an alignment including the SPC arm adjustments for $75. Turns out one of the pinch bolts worked its way out sometime in the past few days since I only hand-tightened them both, so they supposedly were able to put something in its place. I plan on lifting it for an inspection later today.

Back