Pauly's "You're my boy Blue!"

Then I have to add camber kit too. Ends up getting costly, no? Ha ha....you have me thinking about now though.

• Drop it in the summer and have some fun! :rockwoot:
  • Raise it in the winter.
  • They may end up saving a few pounds each in weight.
  • You could control dampening and have a better ride quality overall.

Reactions: 323
  • Drop it in the summer and have some fun! :rockwoot:
  • Raise it in the winter.
  • They may end up saving a few pounds each in weight.
  • You could control dampening and have a better ride quality overall.

Exactly! I've got my eye on a potentially free take off Si suspension. If I can score it I will buy some lowering springs. I'm not a coil over kinda guy. I'll load the spinng onto the struts and... lower in the summer, stock in height in the winter. Sure I'll have to swap the spring and align it twice a year but that will only ensure that the tires last. And lower is better... lowered my Miata 1.5" and it is absolutely stuck!

Last edited:
Nice. Let us know how you like them.
Put them in. Very disappointed....they are yellow looking. They advertise them as a white light with a touch of blue ( the bulbs have a blue overlay on them), but both the DRL and the high beams look totally yellow......identical to the OEM ones we already have. Don't waste your money. :(

I'll post pics soon.

Last edited:
Put them in. Very disappointed....they are yellow looking. They advertise them as a white light with a touch of blue ( the bulbs have a blue overlay on them), but both the DRL and the high beams look totally yellow......identical to the OEM ones we already have. Don't waste your money. :(

I'll post pics soon.

:(

I'll post pics soon.
Any halogen based bulb at low power (like the DRLs) is gonna be yellow-brown. Even the bluest tinted halogen bulbs will still be yellow at low power. Color temperature limited by the incandescent technology. Tungsten filaments always glow yellow.

"Bright white zenon look" COUGH COUGH.....BULL SH IT!!!!!!!
The only way to make a yellow bulb white is to put a strong blue tint on the glass. But by filtering the light, you also reduce output. Compared to most stock lights, they are noticeably whiter, but to stay DOT compliant, they need to have a certain output and color, so there's only so much they can do.

For example, they can over stress the filament to make it run hotter (brighter and whiter, but with shorter life) to overcome a heavy blue filter. This gives nice color and okay output, but the bulbs don't last long at all. You see this in the cheap "xenon" blue bulbs. The other method is to run the filament just a little hotter than stock with a slightly blue filter. This is similar to the silverstars and crystalvision approach, but even they have compromises like shorter lifespans.

There really isn't a great way to get a nice white-blue DRL while having a bright high-beam short of running separate LED DRLs and high-beams, which is what you're starting to see with more and more cars.

There really isn't a great way to get a nice white-blue DRL while having a bright high-beam short of running separate LED DRLs and high-beams, which is what you're starting to see with more and more cars.
Thanks for info. What about a bulb that has blue DRL and a yellow high beam? Exist? I will guess ....nope.

Last edited:
Not that I know of. You think there's enough demand for such a product? Probably wouldn't be super hard to do
Definitely a demand. I just want plug and play bulbs. DRLS are on all the time so would look great if they were white-blue colour. High beams are on for short periods only so you can see..I don't care what colour those are. High beams are more of a functional thing and DRLs are more of a cosmetic thing, so a white-blue colour would be the way to go.

Definitely a demand. I just want plug and play bulbs. DRLS are on all the time so would look great if they were white-blue colour. High beams are on for short periods only so you can see..I don't care what colour those are. High beams are more of a functional thing and DRLs are more of a cosmetic thing, so a white-blue colour would be the way to go.

Paul, you're good at making Blue things. You did we'll with the mats.

No, I have been so busy with my backyard pool project that I haven't had the time. Plus I'm waiting for a full day so I can install everything at once. Will happen within the next 10 days though........finally. Man, I'm a patient guy. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 323
You are, I can't stand having car parts just waiting to be installed

Back