Redshift's 9th Gen Suspension Options

Regarding the ILX:
Hi George,

Thanks for contact me on this. I would be interested in test fitting parts, and can do so at cost. Sorry can't do it for free... not a big enough company to do that kind of thing. And I can do so with the intention to be sure the parts work so you are not stuck with anything.

Do you have one of these? Are you interested in the coilovers or standard springs or both? Where do you live?

Chris at RedShift

I currently have the coilover setup, Great set up IMO, Chris does great quality work, no shortcuts taken. The struts looked and felt like OEM, even tho he added the sleeve. I actually drove up to get my coils put on, great guy, really knows his suspensions, havent had any problems with them, I still need to install my new rear springs he sent me and collars.

wait, if you have coilovers (on all four corners, I assume), shouldn't you have no need for springs and collars?

the rear has a coil spring and shock separate... so the rears are not exactly "coilovers". If that's what you mean?

I currently have the coilover setup, Great set up IMO, Chris does great quality work, no shortcuts taken. The struts looked and felt like OEM, even tho he added the sleeve. I actually drove up to get my coils put on, great guy, really knows his suspensions, havent had any problems with them, I still need to install my new rear springs he sent me and collars.

Chris is def the man. :thumb:

Ok, I need some help with suspension tech as I am new to suspensions. Spoke with chris and he asked if I wanted any of the options listed below. For someone who never tracks the car and who will be riding on springs and shocks, do I need any of this?

- Rear 22mm swaybar
- Camber bolts (will give you camber in front for better grip)
- Rear Camber adjusters: Ingalls (basic) or SPC arms or Skunk rear arms (gives you the ability to put put the rear camber back to stock spec... not a bad idea to keep from wearing the rear tires).

Ok, I need some help with suspension tech as I am new to suspensions. Spoke with chris and he asked if I wanted any of the options listed below. For someone who never tracks the car and who will be riding on springs and shocks, do I need any of this?

- Rear 22mm swaybar
- Camber bolts (will give you camber in front for better grip)
- Rear Camber adjusters: Ingalls (basic) or SPC arms or Skunk rear arms (gives you the ability to put put the rear camber back to stock spec... not a bad idea to keep from wearing the rear tires).
From what I've read and learned over the years:
If your lowering your car 2in or more, it's recommended you get camber bolts and rear camber adjusters, so you wont wear out your tires like you mentioned. You really dont need the sway unless you want to stiffen the chassis more when cornering(feel free to correct me if im wrong)

Just to clarify, you don't need to get camber bolts for the front because of tire wear. You get camber bolts for the front in order to increase camber (improved performance but slightly reduced tire wear).

The rear camber adjusters are definitely for tire wear... if you don't use them and you lower the car, you will wear your tires more.

Chris

Just to clarify, you don't need to get camber bolts for the front because of tire wear. You get camber bolts for the front in order to increase camber (improved performance but slightly reduced tire wear).

The rear camber adjusters are definitely for tire wear... if you don't use them and you lower the car, you will wear your tires more.

Chris

Re-read what I said in bolt above and realized it was confusing because of the last word. What I meant to say was:

"Just to clarify, you don't need to get camber bolts for the front because of tire wear. You get camber bolts for the front in order to increase camber (improved performance but slightly reduced tire life)."

Any negative camber you add for performance will reduce tire life (increase tire wear).

Chris

I'm curious to know how easily the Koni shocks are to adjust? Are they easy to access? I think I've seen pics somewhere but I would love to hear some feedback from someone who has 'em and I'm not sure if the accessibility is different with the sedan and coupe especially in the rear.
:feedback: Thanks!

Back