Resonator Deleted

I'll post some more pics tonight, haven't had a chance to put a DYI piece together on it yet. It's definately shielded enough by the wheel well cover and from the bottom where you wont be sucking up spray or debris but still enough space to where the intake can get a lot of air. I think it's made a difference(more air the better, right?) seems a little more intense on the high end of the rpm's, definately sounds beefier but not annoying. The diagram does make it look more confusing then it is, it's really simple, just removing screws and popping it off basically not much elbow grease needed at all.

Here's a few more pics so you get a better idea of what the full part looks like.
Nexus Pics 786.jpg
The part at the top is where it draws from underneath the battery. ^
Nexus Pics 792.jpg

That's the other part it draws from where it goes over the wheel. ^
Nexus Pics 800.jpg
That's the full part completely removed and put back together. It all pop's off or screws out. Real simple removal process.

Performance wise, better throttle response. Cosmetic wise, nice grunt at about 3.5rpm. Correct me if im wrong.

Some people dont like the grunt and prefer a smooth quiet ride, warranty voids if the dealership can prove what you did effects the issue your having, increase chance in hydro locking, gas consumption maybe go up or down depending on your driving habits (most likely a slight loss of 1gpm), intake air filter gets dirty faster. There might be more but I think I covered most of it.

Gas consumption has not changed for me at all. When VTEC is engaged it sounds more intense then before :eekdancesmiley:and it sounds cool when you rev it.

Yeah I love the whoosh when revving. Haven't noticed any change in mpg yet. Been a few hundred miles with it so far. Haven't driven in the rain yet, but driven on roads right after raining and no issue at all thankfully. Thanks for taking care of the pics for the guys who haven't done it yet V_Kam. I'm in the middle of a move and didn't get the chance.

Would I get the same type of gains doing this to an automatic LX? Don't judge, I'm 18 paying for my first car lol. Plus, my insurance rep pretty much laughed at me when i hinted at preferring an SI...Also, side note, my exhaust note on the auto LX already outshines most of the fart-can tuners in my area. Anything past 5k RPM's and the engine really sounds smexy. Should i really invest in a catback exhaust driving an automatic LX, or would an axel-back be more practical? Thanks in advance!!!

Would I get the same type of gains doing this to an automatic LX? Don't judge, I'm 18 paying for my first car lol. Plus, my insurance rep pretty much laughed at me when i hinted at preferring an SI...Also, side note, my exhaust note on the auto LX already outshines most of the fart-can tuners in my area. Anything past 5k RPM's and the engine really sounds smexy. Should i really invest in a catback exhaust driving an automatic LX, or would an axel-back be more practical? Thanks in advance!!!
I can't say if I have made any gains or not, but i like the intake sound. And props to you for paying for a bend New car on your own at 18. **** I had clunkers all the way til 22. If you are thinking about doing something with your exhaust, but don't want to go for a cat back, I'd go with an axle back you like, and get rid of the resonator for better flow. Yours might have two, I'm not sure. As for deleting the intake resonator I say do it. It's half hours worth of work and it's free lol.

Nothing wrong driving an LX Cody, if anything I'm proud that youre paying for your own first car versus getting a hand-it-to-me (not that theres anything wrong with that). On another note, if youre only looking for a nice grunt at 5k rpm, this mod will do perfect for you. Most nice low exhaust will grunt at 3,000 rpm+ Then there are fart cans that grunt at 600rpm+

God i hate fart-cans...I will admit to having a slightly heavy foot, and a fart can just paints a target on you, nevermind the fact that it's classless and, in my opinion, an embarassment to your car. Since my windows are already 5% (legal limit in OH is 25%), I don't need a whole lotta help attracting the attention of officer joe...

Just be aware that you removed some of your emissions control equipment so if you have to go through a visual smog inspection, you may fail so hold onto the part.

I've heard that many of the axelback exhausts for the 8th gen SI's are compatible with the 2012 LX...can anyone verify this? I was under the impression that the hangers lined up and everything. If so, can anyone suggest some axelback's that were relatively unnoticable, soundwise, until the upper RPM range was reached? Thanks in advance!

This modification will only increase your chance of hydrolock if you regularly drive into lakes for leisure activities.

This modification is a must for any k series engine (the 8th gen had similar benefits from doing this) and should be the first thing any owner does to his car :D

This modification will only increase your chance of hydrolock if you regularly drive into lakes for leisure activities.

This modification is a must for any k series engine (the 8th gen had similar benefits from doing this) and should be the first thing any owner does to his car :D
I completely agree!!! I'm glad I did for sure

That was my concern reading this post. How much water will get sucked up in that thing when it rains out? I always fear stuff like that. Also, if I DON'T reflash my Civic, will it matter? I should say that I am new to this stuff so I have a lot questions.

absolutely none unless you go through puddles over 9 inches deep. the spray from the roads has no effect. I have driven over 1000 miles with it so far and has rained a bunch. I have heard that after a while the stock ECU will compensate for the higher flow but I haven't dyno'd so I don't know the numbers.

You increase the airflow you're going to increase the horsepower. Sometimes nothing even needs to be done to increase the power, just slapping it on.

Back