roadmagnet springs 2012 civic

mine they sent are untrimmed oem from honda

Their counter argument is that the upper rubber parts are Honda parts and should be considered a permanent fix. What a joke. Sure they are Honda parts, but they have to be modified from their OEM state to work. I know what I am going to do this weekend...convert my car back to off-road ready (stock springs).

mine they sent are untrimmed oem from honda

no surprise, was just wondering. You'd think they could at least trim the center out of the mount, for the customers that they screwed over!

eibach is supposed to have theirs out this month

lol jk. No idea on pricing or anything. 8th eibachs are like $230 on corsport. Probably be similar

Ok, so I have been reading and reading the tread till now. It's like a soap opera, I love it! Lol.

Anyways, what's the ride quality like in comparison from the stock setup? I want to lower the car, but do not want sacrifice ride quality and deal with loud interior rattles, noises, etc. I just traded in my last car for thus one because of this exact reason. And it wasn't even lowered!! Argh! So maybe on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the tight, but nice soft ride the civic si gives.... Where would I be on these springs?

I guess after. The "proper way". I can't compare the inproper ones. If you know about another brand, I'm game to know about them as well.

Eibach/h&r are expected within the next few weeks. Others will need to comment on the road magnets. Honestly, if you're considering them, you might as well consider every spring for the 8th SI (2006+). Get rear isolators and you'll be no different than the road magnets. Quite a few options for the 8th

Do you know which of the 8th gen were known for the best ride quality? Kinda sucks to have to spend extra 35$ for old isolators.

I recall a number of people on eibach sportlines. They're progressive springs and it'd be like 1.75" front/rear drop on the 9th. I'd just wait a few weeks though... just get yourself dedicated 9th springs.

I recall a number of people on eibach sportlines. They're progressive springs and it'd be like 1.75" front/rear drop on the 9th. I'd just wait a few weeks though... just get yourself dedicated 9th springs.

+1...wait for 9th gen springs, not too much longer.

If I may ask, what are "progressive" springs?

I have always heard good things about Eibach springs regardless of the car they go on. I just need super good ride quality still. I really want to get ready of the off road look, but the ride is more important and I will stay this way if it will be harsh.

"progressive" refers to the spring rate. As the spring is compressed, it gets more and more stiff. The spring has loose coils at the bottom, then the coils get tighter toward the top.

Back