Stealth's 2012 Si Sedan Build

sorry for the prolonged updates. been in the process of tuning with Vit, but had to stop because of the 95+ degree weather. The car is A LOT stronger than before to say the least. In regards to the tb question, the OEM manifold didn't need to be ported to 70mm because the maxbore throttle body isn't 78mm/70mm like the J37, but 68 mm/64mm from Maxbore. They take the stock OEM throttle body and bore it out, install a new butterfly/shaft, etc. It's very similar to the J35 throttle body that many use on the 8thcivic forum and got good results from it. The OEM manifold was port matched to the new throttle body for increased airflow. I may be changing things up and spending more money on this car in the next few weeks so the complete intake setup may be going up for sale, simply because i may go a different route. It's great because visually it looks completely stock, but everything has been modified.

Sounds like a supercharger is coming!

Oh please...that means I would be working with your type of budget! Haven't you realized yet that I just pick up your spare parts whenever you replace them with something better?

Lol my budget isn't much, I just don't spend any money on ANYTHING else.
So if not a SC, what is it?

adding more parts than i know what to do with. about to purchase a buddy club short shifter and base bushings, switch out this rv6 downpipe for a 3" downpipe, 68mm tb for zdx, and MAYBE hitting you up for some of those parts laying around your garage.

adding more parts than i know what to do with. about to purchase a buddy club short shifter and base bushings, switch out this rv6 downpipe for a 3" downpipe, 68mm tb for zdx, and MAYBE hitting you up for some of those parts laying around your garage.
what is making you go the 70mm route, kinda curious.

what is making you go the 70mm route, kinda curious.

Just simply looking to upgrade to take advantage of the 3.5" intake more. Pretty much the same reason I'm looking to upgrade from the 2.5" downpipe to a 3" (either plm, full-race, or skunk2). If I'm going to try and make a setup that hopefully contends with the RBC power numbers, utilizing the OEM manifold, then might as well go with the parts that make the most power. Having said that, has anyone seen dyno figures of the plm 3" downpipe as of yet? I can only assume all the 3" downpipes perform roughly the same. I remember seeing where the skunk2 yielded +4whp/+2 tq over the rv6 in one of the other threads.

Gotcha, Please look into Full Race. 3in DP all the way to the flanges. The Skunk2 has a weird bottle neck at the flange, I don't like the way it looks, not sure if it robs power also.

Will do. At this point I know that the Skunk2 DP is the only won that has been tested back to back with the RV6 to show dyno proven power gains. i'm open to anything at this point, but at the end of the day I'm just trying to ensure that everyone gets a clear pictures as to how much power a fully bolted, OEM manifold equipped 9thgen can make. It looks as though the PLM downpipe doesn't have such a bottleneck like you described. Just a thought...

as of lunchtime today, the ZDX TB/Adapter has been ordered. Anyone interested in my maxbore 68mm tb/p2r tbs/thermal gasket combo? As soon as it arrives next week, i'll post up a picture of the comparison. That way those that are interested in the maxbore 68mm route like I originally went, can see the difference between the two. Sure the maxbore doesn't have idle issues like some have experience with the zdx and it a 15 min bolt in process with no additional tuning required; but if i'm going to show the community what a fully bolted OEM manifold setup can do, I really have no choice but to upgrade EVERYTHING. I already have the 3.5" intake, so it only makes since that i go with the biggest throttle body at this point. The maxbore unit was great and complimented my 3" intakes as well as my rick spec'd 3.5" well, but it's just something I have to do at this point. Plus, if I ever decide to give in and go the RBC route, I'll already have the ZDX making it one less part i'll have to buy at that time. As soon as I sell the maxbore/p2r setup, i'll upgrade the downpipe to a 3" (sell the RV6") and finish with upgrading my rick spec'd intake to the intensity series. Rick claims a few additional ponies on the top end, but we'll see.

as of lunchtime today, the ZDX TB/Adapter has been ordered. Anyone interested in my maxbore 68mm tb/p2r tbs/thermal gasket combo? As soon as it arrives next week, i'll post up a picture of the comparison. That way those that are interested in the maxbore 68mm route like I originally went, can see the difference between the two. Sure the maxbore doesn't have idle issues like some have experience with the zdx and it a 15 min bolt in process with no additional tuning required; but if i'm going to show the community what a fully bolted OEM manifold setup can do, I really have no choice but to upgrade EVERYTHING. I already have the 3.5" intake, so it only makes since that i go with the biggest throttle body at this point. The maxbore unit was great and complimented my 3" intakes as well as my rick spec'd 3.5" well, but it's just something I have to do at this point. Plus, if I ever decide to give in and go the RBC route, I'll already have the ZDX making it one less part i'll have to buy at that time. As soon as I sell the maxbore/p2r setup, i'll upgrade the downpipe to a 3" (sell the RV6") and finish with upgrading my rick spec'd intake to the intensity series. Rick claims a few additional ponies on the top end, but we'll see.

How much would you be selling your maxbore tb and gaskets for?!

Back