Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

:bananasplit:six rare Himalayan kittens were born ten days ago, counting my chickens all ready have one sold for $750 that s $3750 for those kittens LOL. New bike tires and got to tune that rare 2013 mint condition Honda SI with less than 19,000-its has summer HP tires and a cd cleaner too. I have Pennzoil Ultra rare 05-20w 10 qts ready to go next oil change and a platinum napa filter too $5.:corngrin:

right now- the most important thing on a car is the air conditioner and coolant system. I have fresh coolant in everything except the honda si. I hear a drain plug is there to replace old stuff with Zerox g5 anti-freeze mixed myself to 55-45-a little more anti freeze raises the boil point a little which would cool the car better. I am not happy honda doesn't include a temp gauge. This basic tool is in both dodge neon's 2001+2004. Would like to add a temp gauge. Oh the honda vfr 800 has a superb temp gauge accurate to 1 degree-have to give it a gold star for this and a air temp gauge too. The honda si does have a air temp gauge not a car version. :wash::paper::pianodance:

Changing your coolant on the SI is super easy. You can drain and fill under 5 minutes (not including heat cycle).

Good to know, I have coolant all ready. I think coolant should be changed every 6 years, the coolant is $14.80 so its not a cost factor.:clapping:

I change my coolant every 2 years for the type2 along with my fluids for the clutch and brakes and speaking of I need to do both of them asap.

New California EPA approved Honda black :rotfl:car gets great gas mileage. Has a real Harley oil can for over flow coolant. I do great work and send pic to every one in California.:badger:

Attachments

• Fancy epa car.jpg
    Fancy epa car.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 16
  • guilty 3.jpg
    guilty 3.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 15
  • gulty 2.jpg
    gulty 2.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 13
Hey I got one of those booba fuel rails, they are very good. and a 62 throttle body.

Last edited:
I have a custom SS exhaust 3' though out with high flow muffler and high flow cat-doesn't really do anything its sounds very nice and the BOV is really cool. I wouldn't want a lumpy car that couldn't idle at 1300, at 3,000rpm the car wouldn't be much around town drive able. I might end up fixing it again.:squirrel:

I like dodge turbo cars-cheap to play with like the GLH turbo's-that's before the srt-4 which is still their best turbo car, but I am done with turbo's that's why I bought a Honda si which I think is a super well made car. Turbo cars have too many extra problems-one of the biggest is heat that they produce burning up everything. I big 2.4 non turbo with a 6 sp is perfect for me. Not into any more turbo's except for the one I have.:guitar:

I don't want to tell you about this deal it is too good for you. Peak Global lifetime full strength at Napa for $14 a gal, but being this beast anti freeze for honda isn't enough- their is a outstanding deal at napa offering a $5 a gal rebate only this month. So you get Full strength anti freeze for $9 a gal and its the best stuff for Honda's much better then OEM. That makes four Gals for about $20. Add distilled water at Walmart 1 gal is $.80 cents and I would mix it at 55-45 to give it a edge. You can go up to 70% anti freeze that adds another 10 degrees in boil over protection.:bananawhipdance::bananapoke::bananapop::flame:

Last edited:
Honda fluid has phosphates. Peak global lifetime is phosphate free

what does that do? Phosphates can I add them? Why would you need them?:scratches: Honda just like to sell their anti-freeze. From what I have read Peak G is better.

Last edited:
“Extensive Japanese tests have shown phosphates to be a good corrosion inhibitor for aluminum, and particularly effective in protecting water pumps from corrosion after cavitation erosion/corrosion"

Anti-freeze is one confusing subject and hard to get real answers. There are three that work in Honda's . OEM honda, Asian Zerox and Global peak-this is the only one that lets you add your own distilled water and seems to work in everything. Perhaps its just like oil, better to change it out sooner to make sure it works. :confuzzled:

Honda antifreeze is like $13-15/jug. It’s not like it’s marked up to $50/gallon or some huge expense over others. I don’t see the issue, but use whatever you like.

:tap:I could get 4 gals of Global peak for $20 after rebate, that's 5 a gal add $1.60 for distilled water. There have been no reports of problem using GP in Honda's so it must work ok. 4 gals of Honda oem is $50 half of honda is just distilled water. So GP is beating Honda OEM price by 150% that is some mark up.:party:

zerox Asian blue has phosphate 50/50 at Napa $17.00- I need to use this in my Honda motorcycle and car. I call honda tomorrow and see what the dealer is charging for OEM honda coolant. You are correct Global peak has no phosphate's-not the best coolant for Honda's but will work mostly. I am very picky so there is only two Zerox Asian Blue or OEM honda. Looks like almost the same with my tranny change-Honda only fluid there. I used G-5 Zerox in Honda Motorcycle- not the right fluid-I am going to dump it out in the very next oil change and FI cleaning.:box: tricky basterds these anti freeze makers.:domokundance::joke::paper::hmmm?:

Back