Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

safety wire goes though the bolt and nut to make sure the they don't loosen up and the downpipe won't come off at where it connects to engine- lots of vibration hits these bolts and nuts, blue lock tight often fails under this kind of stress. Most race cars are safety wired on stressed bolts and nuts and has been used sense there have been anything that moves. That's one reason why I am not going to get a 3" downpipe instead of a rv6 2.5inch maybe other than cost and weight and lack of room. I am still looking into this, I like the rv6 at $419 with two year war-if it works that long its a great downpipe. Perhaps replace the exhaust bolts and nuts with pre drilled bolts and nuts-then all you do is tighten them up and put wire though them. A exhaust system that falls off is very dangerous.:chopwood::worms: I have not had this problem with my SRT-4 downpipe and thermal exhaust system 3"- I did a excellent job there-been on there now for 5 years-the bolts and nuts are now rusted on-funny that rust sometimes is good. actually red lock tight would work here but removal req heat.

Last edited:
You don't need safety wire on your manifold bolts nor loctite just torque them down. You have a civic not a race car it will not vibrat any worse than the stock exhaust. They make exhaust bushings you can add. I have also had no issues with fitment of the 3" downpipe from Full-Race nor the 3" Downpipe from PRL that has a dump tube also.

any loctite used will probably not work too well as the exhaust will heat up and melt it. you worry and over think every single thing you do to your car. just buy what you want and stop telling us how much the rv6 is every day.

by over thinking it gets fixed right, I hate to have to do thing s twice or it isn't fixed correctly. By repeating I can see if there are any flaws. I am able to fix things 150% that way, instead of a 75% fix that you do- good enough is not good enough. Race cars are always being upgraded or fixed better. Perhaps it is you who should not be mudding cars if you think that way. Oh well maybe you get a doctor who doesn't wash his hands or only knows half of what he is doing while your dying on his butcher table.:bananapoke::drooling::dancing::excited:

Yes because surgery and tightening a bolt have a lot in common :pat:. You don't need a bunch of research to unbolt 6 bolts to remove something as simple as an exhaust manifold. If you can't grasp the concept at hand you should probably not be working on your car.

i think im doing fine seeing as im a licensed mechanic. never heard of an exhaust manifold falling off because it didnt use loctite or wire. no one does it because its not necessary. buy the rv6 and install it the way it says to. the end.

I maybe getting the Ultima racing 3" exhaust with two mufflers, downpipe still like the rv6 ev6 ev6:paper::tap::tree:

got back all my dough from a 25 cent plastic washer from china that cost me $5.50 on ebay. Spectrum was ripping me off on tv, bought back cable box for refund, still having problems with them, I have internet and smart phone from them. The bill they sent me was huge and its half of that now. Just crooks every where. Did I tell about the fake doctor fixing people to see better after doctor got though with them they could barely see at all-they are suing doctor now. American Greed is everywhere-notice its a show on TV. I am buying top quality downpipe and exhaust for Honda, I am very picky and cranky too. Ba Hum Bug to you!:cucumber::haybunny::eyebrows::flame::lildevil::popcornbig:

Well, there are bad apples in every profession-- but that doesn't mean you should discount all doctors :). If not for the expertise of doctors, I'd probably have lost my vision already. I'm glad that you somehow got a refund for one washer -- I didn't know those had any sort of warranty attached to them. As far as the cable goes-- why don't you just try streaming? As a tech, I know streaming's price-point isn't really sustainable in its current state (i.e. it's cheap for the end-user now, but it won't be later), but I recommend that anyone rides the wave of cheap TV while they can.

I do streaming, may sign up for Hulu $2.00 a month. My big screen tv just doesn't work any more-because of a cheap connection. I found out about a cut rate internet though spectrum that they don't want anyone to know about. I have decided that yes you can't beat a catted rv6 and stock exhaust for sound and power, so it stays on my list as well as hasport RMM 62 streetmotor mount. And a rear 24 sway bar. I hate how this car came with two Heavy cats or exhaust restriction devices from CA. This is my last Honda-I don't like the way Honda has sided with CA.:paper::hmmm?::toilet:

I do streaming, may sign up for Hulu $2.00 a month. My big screen tv just doesn't work any more-because of a cheap connection. I found out about a cut rate internet though spectrum that they don't want anyone to know about. I have decided that yes you can't beat a catted rv6 and stock exhaust for sound and power, so it stays on my list as well as hasport RMM 62 streetmotor mount. And a rear 24 sway bar. I hate how this car came with two Heavy cats or exhaust restriction devices from CA. This is my last Honda-I don't like the way Honda has sided with CA.:paper::hmmm?::toilet:

you think its only honda? its every manufacture.

not true some car makers did not sign up, that over half of them.

Back