Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

MC Helmet, I narrowed it down to one model a Blue matte size S Neo Tech2 Shoei's Modular flip, so far the lowest price is $514. I am looking for a lower price. It looks like the Best Helmet made that that flips up and normal is a full face and you can get a custom Bluetooth communications system that works with a smart phone and gps that is made just for this helmet. I have a full face Shoei size S that I did like but it is worn out after three to 4 years of hard use. the neo tech also has a built in sun visor that I figure to use when I am in a yoga trance. It would be cool to listen to music though the HD stereo speakers built into the Helmet. Tech has really changed as far as helmet are concerned.:guitar::bananapop::joke::eekdancesmiley:

I used to go to the steak house, I was there the last day it was open. A lot of people there are out of work now. This virus stuff suks, butt I will be glad to see $1200. Plenty for a shinny new Very Fancy MC fip top Helmet. I will add the Bluetooth communication option too.:shadycorn: I could sit by a convene store put the sun shade down and listen to rock and roll as I take a nap:corndance:

One good thing, I haven't gotten a single robo call in two weeks. I use to get a couple a day. The Indian's are all lock up:badger: Perhaps I should be hoping to get a few robo callers:corndance:

MC Helmet, I narrowed it down to one model a Blue matte size S Neo Tech2 Shoei's Modular flip, so far the lowest price is $514. I am looking for a lower price. It looks like the Best Helmet made that that flips up and normal is a full face and you can get a custom Bluetooth communications system that works with a smart phone and gps that is made just for this helmet. I have a full face Shoei size S that I did like but it is worn out after three to 4 years of hard use. the neo tech also has a built in sun visor that I figure to use when I am in a yoga trance. It would be cool to listen to music though the HD stereo speakers built into the Helmet. Tech has really changed as far as helmet are concerned.:guitar::bananapop::joke::eekdancesmiley:

You know, you can buy all new padding for your current Shoei helmet and save a considerable amount of money over buying a new helmet. For example, I have a Shoei RF-1100 and the padding (cheek pads and middle/main padding) have all worn out along with a few other bits on the helmet. Overall, it cost me about $100 to order everything to freshen up my helmet (cheek pads, main pad, chin curtain, side plates, and nose guard). If you really want to go the modular/flip-up route (I have looked into this myself a bit), you should know that these are noticeably heavier than standard full face helmets; and, the chin strap will sit a bit further back (they wear more like an open-face helmet) which bugged me on the ones I tried on (felt like it was trying to choke me a bit). Anyhow, some food for thought for you.

I don't know, maybe. My old helmet needs everything shield-that's like 150$ -$200, padding the works. Perhaps a simple full face one is a lot cheaper. I like all the rf -1200 shoie and it easy to find one fairly cheap.:corndance: The shoie flip tech 2 is $500 which is quite a lot. a rf 1200 is around $350-$400.:ohnoes:

What helmet do you currently have, an RF-1000?

I forgot what model it is but its not a RF-1200 which seems like a great model, I have seen them priced really low. the rf-1200 retails for $589 , I seen it for around $300. I need to check if my MC tom tom GPS power connections are working-I don't really need sound as it has a 5.5 inch lcd screen and its waterproof. All the parts to fix up my old are pretty expensive for just a $100 more I could get a upgraded RF1200 brand new. I search for a RF-1200 s size, the same size as my old one-most important is the Rf-1200 s would surely fit very well.:turbospin:

There should be a label inside the shell (not on the padding, you'll have to pull that back out of the way) with the model. If you're pretty sure it is an RF series helmet, the big way to tell an RF-1100 from an RF-1000 is the vent setup on the back. The RF-1000 has two vents in the rear with one slider to activate both. The RF-1100 has 4 vents in the rear with individual sliders for each. However, there are a number of other full face helmets that Shoei makes so if neither of these sound correct, it could be one of the others (such as the GT-Air, RF-SR, Qwest, and X-12/X-14 just to name a few).

Last edited:
the rf 1200 doesn't fit my glasses well, I have to cross it off my list, so I am researching other helmet brands. Looking for glasses happy helmet light weight and able to add communication speakers and mike. I figure around $400 for a new one. My old helmet is just worn out to consider fixing it.:popcorn::shadycorn::hmmm?:

Called Honda today about my Honda si 2013 about the radio anti thief setting. All I have to do is hold down the power button and the radio will reset. It does appear I got the last good Honda SI as the 2012, 2014, 2015 all have some kind of bugs like no key and the dreaded Hill assist=both absolute junk idea's with the 2012 a real nightmare's! So thumbs up for the Honda SI 2013-I have had zero problems with it. I am hoping the mechanic gets that junky Subaru out of the garage-it is another nightmare clunker-:bananawhipdance: So I can get my cold air intake on. then my duel muffler 3" exhaust system on:shadycorn:

Another use for a full face MC helmet is now for going into a grocery store-should be extremely effective at keeping the c-19 off your face:rotfl:Keeping all vents closed for a air tight seal :toilet: No tolet paper at wally world:thumbsdown:

the rf 1200 doesn't fit my glasses well, I have to cross it off my list, so I am researching other helmet brands. Looking for glasses happy helmet light weight and able to add communication speakers and mike. I figure around $400 for a new one. My old helmet is just worn out to consider fixing it.:popcorn::shadycorn::hmmm?:

For what it's worth, the RF-1000 I used to have and the RF-1100 I currently have both accommodate glasses when I ride; pretty sure the RF-1200 will do the same. You should try one out; Revzilla will allow you to buy it, try it on, and return it if you find you don't like it without any restocking fee (I think the only thing you may have to cover is return shipping); definitely worth the look. Also, for the comms systems, I have had multiple different versions and have installed them on both of the different helmets I have. In fact, I just bought a new one and will be installing it on my RF-1100 when I get a chance. Almost all of the bluetooth systems come with a means to install into almost any helmet (with mic and speakers); I've had one for years without issues. Point is, the thing you're looking for, integrated installation, is an added marketing piece and doesn't really net you anything more than an additional cost to a helmet. Buy the helmet you want, makes you feel comfortable and safe, and is within your price range; then, buy the intercom system you want, install it. Unless you're buying the Sena helmet (as an example), I wouldn't waste my time with trying to buy a matched setup as all it is doing is raising overall cost.

Called Honda today about my Honda si 2013 about the radio anti thief setting. All I have to do is hold down the power button and the radio will reset. It does appear I got the last good Honda SI as the 2012, 2014, 2015 all have some kind of bugs like no key and the dreaded Hill assist=both absolute junk idea's with the 2012 a real nightmare's! So thumbs up for the Honda SI 2013-I have had zero problems with it. I am hoping the mechanic gets that junky Subaru out of the garage-it is another nightmare clunker-:bananawhipdance: So I can get my cold air intake on. then my duel muffler 3" exhaust system on:shadycorn:

I don't know where you get your information as my 2012 has none of the issues you mention. No radio issues, no key issue, no hill assist, etc. Sounds like your 2013 is the lemon out of the bunch.

reading this thread with sunofawolf ignored makes more sense than reading it with his posts showing.

I suppose everyone has to like their Honda Si model because that's what you got and you can't simply get another one, so you fix it up the best you can-at least that's what I do! But the 2012 early models had a olt of oil burning engine's-seems some of them later models were fixed. Th e 2013 had all these problems fixed and added more sound proofing, a thicker windshield and 50 pds of high strength steel-making the body much stronger.:brock:

Looks like I have the Rf 1100, it has four vents in rear. I just tried it out again and the glasses do seem to fit ok, perhaps if the helmet gets sweaty then its harder to get the glasses on, perhaps I just just get replacement parts for the RF-1100 or at least price them out. I need a clear shield and new cheek pads.

I found my old order from revzilla-. It is a RF-1100 and it's 6yrs 5 months old sense I bought it. That means it really should be replaced not fixed even though it could easy last another year with new parts. I will think some more about this project. I should call them up and ask a few questions:spazface:

I spotted a bargain, a Shoie RF-1200 Recounter red/white/Black Helmet for $379 shipped:thumb::shadyhat::vtec:

Why I like the viruses. Shows Gov is a Banani Republic to everyone. Totally Failed on every level just like they did on 9/11! Golden egg's are prices are up 100%! Farmers are the new Heroes not this mercenary Cops stealing people's wallet's at traffic stops at the point of a gun. Prison's are shown what they are- More Political prisoners' on in Jail then china in the USA are being released. Governor's can't govern anything and show their incompetency except for a few like NY>. Over paid IT workers' can't find tolet paper and lose all there inflated value which they never really had. Just some thought's to bug self rightness do no thing's.:1: The gov says not to wear masks-the obvious Lie was caught by just about everyone. The Gov is powerless to control anything and shows it to everyone. Newspaper's are just printing propaganda as well as cable tv which I refuse to pay for any more.:popcorn:

Last edited:
Back