Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Hi guys

I rebolted the modulo lip back on the bumper and did a touch up paint on where it got scraped. The lip looks good. I checked the bumper. There's a crack in the tab where we bolt to fender. It's cracked but not completely missing or gone. So I bought the Loctite two part epoxy for plastic and glued it back. So far it looks okay but I don't know when it's gonna pop out again. I will look into the plastic welding in the future. It seems I maybe able to manage this task.

Thanks.

Edit: Uploaded the picture the shows the result of using epoxy is not bad
WP_20170401_003.jpg

Last edited:
I also did a 4 wheels balancing, rotation, and alignment along the SPC rear camber kit because all 4 wheels maintenance were long over due. Balance on driver side was off and tire threads were off too.

WP_20170401_002.jpg

Someone imported the JDM 8th Gen civic Type R FD2R. It's now located in Queens, NY.

I PhotoShop his car and my car together.
This is the Type R I ever love.

fb2vfd2r.jpg

Hello guys,

I've been in a discussion with a guy who may be selling me his HFP suspension. Here are what I've been thinking about HFP suspension.

1) HFP suspension is good for a daily driver, with Honda's quality and reliability, according to my researches.
2) The ride is comfortable with OEM feel while the handling is improved, such as body rolls etc. Apparently, the HFP suspension helps more if I put it on my LX where the stock one is very soft.
3) I won't slam the car; a mild drop is sufficient. And HFP meets this category "A mild drop", which drops 1" at best.
4) My friend who drives a modified BMW says this HFP suspension is very suitable for your civic than getting aftermarket coilover.
5) My friend who drives a modified Audi says it's not wise to get OEM upgrade, but should get aftermarket. Go all out, he says.
6) My friend who drives a modified BMW says it is okay to get an used suspension from someone.
7) However, my wife says it's better to get a new one since the price the guy sells and a new one from college hills honda isn't much different, just about 200 give or take. That $ assures 100% quality.
8) As the HFP is designed for Si, the front strut is 16mm while LX/EX is 14mm. I believe I can use the K-Sport 16m to 14mm washers that Pauly has done in the past.

I want to hear from you guys before I make the final decision.

Thanks

I think the hfp kit is what you're looking for. The new versus used debate I think would depend on the difference in the price. If it's not much more to pay for a new one, then go for it, you know it'll last a long time. But if the used is a great deal in your price range, that's great! Just make sure you check it out so you know what you're getting into. If a 1" drop is what you feel comfortable with (nyc, right?), then add long as it suits your needs that's what matters. Hope this helps a lil bit, good luck with the hfp hunt!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You're being watched.

IMG_6810.jpg

You'll need the washers like pauly used. Hfp would be fine for improved looks and function while only lowering like an inch. I know the roads concern you. As for new/used, that's your call. Find out how many miles are on the used suspension? Make an offer on the used one if you're unhappy with the price. If they won't adjust pricing go new if you'd rather go that route.

I vote for the HFP kit if the mileage is low, like less than 20k but how could you know, and the price needs to be like $500 or less.

Engine bay pics for you. The battery relocate lets the SRI sit in a pretty decent spot for airflow and its high enough in the bay that you shouldn't ever have any issues with water. If you do, then you tried to cross a stream! Also plenty of space for the TBS to push the filter further over without running into anything.

143m0wz.jpg

Basically i just turned the smaller battery sideways to sit on the frame rail.
All it needs is the small aluminum tray you can see at the bottom of the battery. Drilled straight into the frame rail to mount it.

ru9lwl.jpg

The negative terminal is off right now since the car is parked. Ghetto tie down with a pice of strapping and some wing nuts. Held great so far.
4rdeag.jpg

What the hell is this yellow stuff?
I opened the hook for a regular check up and found this.
I know this stuff wasn't there before.
Thanks

WP_20170514_007.jpg

Found that Amazon has the Sylvania zxe bulbs dirt cheap comparing to AutoZone. Just got the low beam and will do the comparison shortly.
wp_ss_20170605_0001.png

Guys. Got a quick question.
When do you usually do the alignment after the change of suspension?
Some say a week but other say a month.
I drive around 600 miles per month though.
Thanks

With a full suspension swap, do one right away. Mostly to set the toe back in spec. Factory numbers should be good. You will also get a reading for camber, pick up front camber bolts since they are like $30 cheap and get the front set where you like. I'd say -0.5 to -1.0 would be good. The rear you will have to see where you are and decide if you need arms or not.

The toe setting is really what you want adjusted sooner than later.

Back